Reef Apprentices 90g test run

ReefApprentice

Ok i relaized that the bobbit worm and my unwanted "hitchhiker" are in the same family.Captureing this worm just became a bigger pritory.But for the mean while as long as it dosent "mess" with any thing I guess its ok to stay for now.But i will still try to catch it with a silverside baited bristlewrom trap.Also im plan to test my water tommarow.

AJ REEF

I hope you are able to get it out. From what I have heard they are very hard to catch. So it may actually be a bobbit worm?

ReefApprentice

I hope its not a bobbit worm.Ive olny ever seen the worm twice in the year the tanks been up and the first time i only saw the head.Ive seen the slime it leaves behind alot everywhere in the tank though.

ReefApprentice

Just finished 2 hours of tank related work.Changed the gfo in my phospate reactor,changed my filter bag,cleaned my skimmer and tested my wter.Here are the results.
PH:8.0
Ammonia:0
Nitrate:0
Nitrite:0
Carbonate Hardness; 107.4 ppm KH
Calcium:400 ppm
phosphate:0
Please comment on my results because idk if my water is perfect.If there is anything i can do to improve the water quailty please comment on it.

ReefApprentice

Ok just finished pulling HA(all i can say is that i miss notch who has been MIA for a month).Also discovered that with my clam is regaining its color and turning back to its bright blue color ever since its been on its side.I have moved it upright and moved it to a shader spot and the next day it was sideways.Cam a clam trun its self sideways or is something moving it.Also my pig of a blenny is perching EVERYWHERE.His favorite spot(and my least favorite)is on my toxic pie chalice.

ReefApprentice

K have been busy planning for coralcon.Tank is doing fine and am In process of doing its 12-15water change (I lost track).myxenia has made a new stalk on the main colony and the smaller colony is going to b put on a frag rack.Allfish are doing fine.Cut ack feeding to. 1 every other day

ReefApprentice

Re: heheheh crap

So last night i came home from a pep rally for school and heard a sucking noise coming from my sump.I looked into it and it was almost empty .I also found a small pile of water on the left side in the corner.Soo I went to get a towel and realized that that the whole left of the tank was soaked.I then looked on the floor and it was covered with about 20 gallons that had flowed from the DT and went down the tank and soaked the chiller.sooo I guess that I am now officially part of the club of ruining the carpet with saltwater.

ReefApprentice

A wad of HA clogged my over flow pump so the return pump emptyed most of the sump water out and since the overflow pump was clogged it Couldnt return the water to the sump Soo it caused water to push up the glass tops I have creating a sucking noise while pushing water ntdown the side

ReefApprentice

The damage wasnt bad but i might need to touch up the finish on the stand and replace the pump possible or spend a few hours uncurling the HA from the spinner (i dont know what its called ).The chiller was soaked but didnt break or anything.The carpet will have to be replaced :) my sump is fine but its collecting more and more mini-brittle stars from it.Since my emerald passed R.I.P the bubble alage that was being kept in check has exploded :explode:

ReefApprentice

how to tell you have a astina starfish problem: you put in a small piece of nori and come back to find it covered in about 150 of those little buggers.My blenny didnt even touch the nori and he will eat anything,even tryed my hand once :)

ReefApprentice

OK so it is here: Coralcon.I will hopefully be updating this weekend of the corals and hopefully a nem i get.If you are coming feel free to come to my parents booth:Oceans of images.Hope to take lots of pictures.Also added a third power head to incress the flow.I plan to start my sps collection and any other chalices at this convention.

ReefApprentice

Coralcon was great.i met lots of great people and saw and got some great corals.Some of the pieces include rasta zoas (2 polyp frag),a small 1 1/2 inch green slimer,a good 10-15 eye pumpkin patch chalice, a candy cane,a small type of encrusting lps(its a bright orange and its flesh design is small wavy lines that are dotted with small black specks alos looks like a flat montipora), world wide coral gold specked chalice, and a 2 inch frag of tequila sunrise acro.The rastas were the best priced from the vendor.there was 3 vendors with them (pp=per polyp) one was selling them for $20pp,another for $25 pp and the one i bought from was $15 pp.They olny charged me for 2 polyps even though one was budding a third polyp.My dad also got a beautiful pair of (hawian??)harlequin shrimp.Pictures to come