RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Saw my 1st 250 skimmer pump today... went to lsf to get some sw & got to talking about skimmers & rsm's. The store manager reach under the counter & pulled out a "bad" rsm 250 skimmer pump... she said they replaced it with a Euro-Reef Skimmer and the owner loved it.

I watch her go online here to look up something... I had not seen this site before... I thought Todd developed the RSM skimmer with Robert... am I missing something ... about who owns Euro-Reef and who developed the Euro Reef skimmer for the RSM's? just interested...

Nano Protein Skimmers, Nano Protein Skimmer, Nano Turnkey Aquarium Systems, Nano Media Reactors by Euro-Reef Nano Systems

Auritania

Auritania......Here is what you'll have with the ER.

That's shows the problem I (ok, the wife) has with going with one. The tank is very much in the middle of everything and very much a center of attraction. Having the collection cup sticking up and seeing all the waste isn't going to fly in the least bit. It's 110% purely an appearance thing.

The reasons the 250 even exists in our living area is that she really likes the looks of it and the fact that the water is mostly "enclosed" inside the system.

If she went the to the length of blacking out the Red Sea logo on the front, the skimmer sticking out the top is definitely out.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Glenn - it's probably the case that Euro-Reef (Robbert) also sells the nano skimmers via Euro-Reef itself, since he and the Euro-Reef crew developed them. The others may have been designed previously and separately than the RSM versions, with the RSM versions being the work of Todd and Robbert together, and the RSM version the most recent release. Clicking on the Buy Locally link just says coming soon to dealers, and the Buy Online is direct from Euro-Reef in California (at the same price Todd sells it for). Robbert obviously needs to cover all the angles as it's tough staying in business these days. Euro-Reef is a European company, and has been selling all types & sizes of well respected skimmers for quite a while, not just on Todd's site. Robbert or Todd could give a better answer than I can, but that's my feeling on it.

Interesting on your local LFS having a bad 250 pump - that sure tells a story about Red Sea quality issues! :(

tnwillia

Terry & Glenn... I think this came up when Brucewrs put a different EoroReef skimmer into his sump. I seem to remember someone saying Robbert was in engineering of the type Brucewrs got as well. I could be wrong.

Hey where can i buy one of the mesh wheels for the ER Nano Skimmers. I really need one. Just cleaned the pump and it is completely torn up. Someone please help

tnwillia

E-mail Todd (assuming you got it from him) and tell him what has happened. He should send you a replacement.

rroselavy

I've 3 choices.
  • Find a better skimmer that fits inside
  • Set up a sump inside the cabinet
  • Plumb the tank into the basement system

Auritania-

Robbert just offered to test a new design that sits lower on a stand. Perhaps you should take him up on that:

Actually I could place the skimmer in a stand which sits on the bottom instead of hanging it off a plate...this may keep the skimmer hidden...I will test that design to see if it works at the operating water level...it will be a long body.

nanoskim

Euro-Reef is a European company?

Euro-Reef, Inc.
23400 Peralta Drive Suite A
Laguna Hills · CA · 92653

For clarification to all:

1. We are an American family owned company with European roots, Dutch and Norwegian. Based on this we decided on the Euro-Reef name.

2.We traveled to Europe often to see family and attended Aquarium tradeshows where we looked at the latest and greatest in skimmer technology available. Since then we have on our own improved skimmer performance by continually pushing the state of the art in foam production and skim mate collection.

3. Our nano skimmers are an extension of our larger skimmers based on the need expressed by the hobbyists. The nano skimmers do use a new impeller technology which will eventually make its way to the larger skimmers.

4. As most of you know, the second generation impeller material did not meet our expectations for longevity in high pH environments so we will now be producing a new material which is inert, very tough and unfortunately very expensive. We expect delivery at the end of September so all of you need to be ready to request a replacement of your old impeller by giving us your shipping info.

5. As far as our relationship with Todd, he has helped us to understand the RSM aquarium parameters from a skimmer standpoint and we are very grateful for all the help he has given our company. There is always room for improvement on the nano skimmer design and we will continue to work with Todd to achieve better designs.

Hope this has helped clarify some points.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Robbert
Euro-Reef Nano Systems

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks Robbert that does help ! One more question... am I correct you are the owner of Euro-Reef Nano Systems?

I am sure everyone here appreciates you being active in our forum & helping bring to the market a better nano skimmer that will drop into the rsm's!

nanoskim

Thanks Robbert that does help ! One more question... am I correct you are the owner of Euro-Reef Nano Systems?

I am sure everyone here appreciates you being active in our forum & helping bring to the market a better nano skimmer that will drop into the rsm's!

Euro-Reef Inc. is the main company owned by my family.
My official title is President but due to my Physics/Engineering background I do most of the research, design and testing of all skimmers.

Last year we split the main company in two subdivisions of which I am responsible for the Nano Systems Division in particular.

It was my intent to retire and just play my guitars ( used to be in a surfing band called the "Surfmen", recorded Paradise Cove, Malibu Run etc.) but economic conditions as they are, that may never be possible.

Anyway I have to get busy preparing some Indonesian food (was actually born in Java, Indonesia since my dad was in the Dutch army stationed there)
for the relatives.

Regards,
Robbert

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
.....It was my intent to retire and just play my guitars ( used to be in a surfing band called the "Surfmen", recorded Paradise Cove, Malibu Run etc.) but economic conditions as they are, that may never be possible.....

Wow - that's pretty cool history Robbert!

The Surfmen

I remember that band!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
That is pretty cool - thanks for the reply & info !!!
745.gif

Not every company you can converse with the President & Chief Engineer who designed and testing your skimmer !

whitjl143

Have to empty cup every two minutes! Seriously???

I have had the skimmer for a month but I had to turn it off for a couple of days to treat a problem. I now have it as high as it will go and I am having to empty the cup every 2 minutes! It didn't even do this when I first set it up! I am ready to go back to the stock skimmer. I do have a life outside of tending to my aquarium! In fact this is in my office, thank goodness I'm the boss or I would have fired me!

I'm about 5 more cup fulls away from switching back.

rroselavy

whit-

Sounds like it is not the skimmer's fault. Your treatment is still in the water. I suggest doing a water change and running a large amount of carbon for 1-2 days (at least 1 cup GAC for every 50g of water volume) until the bubbles settle down inside the skimmer.

I have never treated anything inside my tank, but do get a profusion of bubbles from my skimmer after using epoxy putty to mount corals. Raising ER Nano Skimmer up almost all the way keeps it from overflowing, but that is because my skimmer is a 3.5" model with more interior volume.