Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

jpsika08

Great craftsmanship and design. going to watch this build for sure.

Thank you Iain for the kinds compliments :)

oh wow!

VERY jealous!

Thank you DizzyG

What an unbelievable masterpiece! Excellent planning, documenting and building. I can only dream to be so handy!!!

I think a job for you is there at Red Sea. Designing the RSM1000 :)))

Can't wait for more updates,

Thank you Ramon :D

Hey Juan, are you planning to put a matting or something like is on the base of the cabinet. No matter what you do your going to have minor water spills from the sump or the skimmer or the plumbing. Something like a splash guard to protect your cabinet. Just thinking out loud. Have fun!

Thank s for the advice Tom, actually all the cabinet was first primed with G77 epoxy so I could be sure that it was water resistant, I know for sure someday I will have an overflow or maybe a big spill.

BTW I like the AVATAR! Cool Lobster attack!

Gorgeous set-up, cant wait to see it evolve!!

Thank you, hope I can have my tank as beautiful as many here in the RSM thread.

HOLY Juan! Talk about planning, design and documentation.

Excellent work! That is a beautiful tank and its gonna be amazing filled in with livestock...

Thank you Eddie! :D

Juan - WOW is right sooooooooo nice !!! Another tank I am owner that I am proud to say started with a RSM

Thanks for sharing !

Thank you Glenn, will love to share evey step of the way :thumbup:

reeferman

wow Juan!that is VERY nice!amazing documentation.only one question,why in the world did you paint that beautiful cypress?im a carpenter,i had to ask!lol j/k!great to have you back and good luck!

mlags62

WOW! Juan you have superb craftsmanship skills. I will be contacting you in about five years to build my tank lol. Good luck with your cycle!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Spectacular!!!

Very nice with lots of pics, now that is how you do a tank journal :D

1357HA

Hello Juan, nice to hear form you again. That's the best tank I have seen in Guatemala.... Nice job.
When are you planning to put all the system to work?
Hope to see it running soon.

jpsika08

Canopy Function & Rockscaping

Spectacular!!!

Very nice with lots of pics, now that is how you do a tank journal

Thanks Eric :)

Wow!!! That is my dream tank. Very very awesome!

Msigler, thank you for the kind comments ;)

Hello Juan, nice to hear form you again. That's the best tank I have seen in Guatemala.... Nice job.
When are you planning to put all the system to work?
Hope to see it running soon

Hey Harold, nice of you to stop by, thanks for the kind comments, I hope the tank will be up and running within one month, I'm still missing the sump (which is getting built), and other little task which are needed to complete the project.

----- Canopy Function -----

Well, here a couple of updates, first, to show you some of the canopy Function as I think I didn't post pictures before.

Open Top:
Canopy-FunctionA.jpg

To hold the structure opened, I installed an automobile hood rod which serves its purpose:
Canopy-FunctionB.jpg

Canopy-FunctionC.jpg

And, it works almost the same as in a car when putting the rod out:
Canopy_FunctionF.jpg

Also, here is an image of the lower compartment, used for daily simple tasks (Feeding, front glass cleaning, etc):
Canopy-FunctionD.jpg

And the fully opened canopy:
Canopy_FunctionE.jpg

------ RockScaping ------

After several tries and different methods, I think I have finally landed on the rockscape I wanted:

I used electric tubing for the inner skeleton, I liked this tubing better for a couple of reasons, first it's thinner than regular water PVC and secondly it's gray, which can be harder to spot with a black background, still I will cover most of the spots where the tubing is shown using Putty:

RockScape_C.jpg

RockScape_E.jpg

RockScape_F.jpg

And the final result:
RockScape_B.jpg

RockScape_A.jpg

Now, the challenging part will be to put this rocks inside the tank in the same exact design, I will identify each rock with a pencil so I can rebuild it without any problems.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Juan - That rock scaping is excellent! I like the automobile hood rod support idea too, as well as the second access to the tank. Very well thought out!

Dweezil

This is simply amazing. Best I've seen! Congrats...I'm so excited for you :)
How are the kids liking it so far?

tnwillia

Outstanding Juan, Coralline will cover the schedule 80 pvc pretty qiuck so you really don't have to go to far unless you want to. Have fun!

jpsika08

Thank you very much guys, all these kind comments are incredible coming from you :D

Aaron, to tell you the truth I may have some idea but I haven't thought of the fish list just yet, once I begin cycling I will go ahead and plan, as always asking here first for the experts to comment :)

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks for the updates Juan. That hood is very impressive and as for the bonnet stay, good thinking. I like the rockwork too, very well planned out. Did you end up selling the 250 or will you keep that running too?