Red Sea Max 250 skimmer-problem?

Hi everyone, and boy am I glad to be here! Just set up my brand new Red Sea Max 250 and it looks awesome in its design and white colour. Blends right into my livingroom! However that´s not important here, but it´s neat to have such a gem of a tank.

I got it installed with a Boyu 75 chiller which handles the RSM 250 like a dream, and it´s not noisy at all! The one thing that currently concerns me is the skimmer. It doesn´t skim up any foam through the foam adjuster and into the cup. This might very well be OK, taken into consideration I just got the system assembled and up and running yesterday, with indonesian live rock and live sand in order to get the bacterialevels going. So there ain´t no livestock, nevertheless corals of course in my tank so thats might be the explanation why my skimmer doesn´t seem to skim: There is no protein in the tanks water. Does this seem plausible to you, guys?

What are your experience with the skimmer on the version 3 of RSM 250-tank?
I have read a few posts on how noisy many finds the skimmer, but that was the previous versions. Red Sea says they have improved the skimmer on this version I´ve got, but I´m just curious.

Last thing: The skimmercup seems to sit so loose on top of the skimmerbody. Is it supposed to be like this? When I placed the cup on top of the skimmerbody, I didn´t want to use force pressing down the skimmercup onto the skimmerbody. Is it supposed to say `Click!´ or something? The notes regarding this in the setup manual were rather scarce regarding this, and now Im wondering wheter the skimmercup sits right, all the time the skimmercup is entirely dry inside...

Im grateful for all feedback regarding this!

Happy tanking!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Cap - if you don't get many replies here in the Meet & Greet forum, try posting these questions in the RSM Club here on RS & you will get a lot of feedback - if you want me to move this thread there just let me know & I would be happy to do that for you...

Red Sea Max Owners Club

Thanks, Nanoreefing4fun! Much obliged. I was wondering if there were some corner at RS that were dedicated to RSM. And there is. :)