Red Sea Coral Pro Salt order

Naj117

Look what finally showed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goma-albums-general-pics-picture24834-dsc00512.jpg

Now that looks like the real deal!

jerry26

Hello mate, still waiting to hear back from u regarding colour mismatch

the op solved the case.

Ok seems the mystery has been solved. Dr Fosters and Smith received the Red Sea Coral Pro Salt from the manufacturer and the shipment was damaged. Someone in the warehouse poured the salt from the damaged buckets into plain white buckets and put it on the shelf. When an order came in, they pulled it from the shelf, slapped a shipping label on them and sent them out the door.

Their warehouse staff have been informed that they are not allowed to do this anymore.

Case closed!

Oxylebius

Hi All, guess what? I just ordered red sea pro salt from Drs Foster and Smith and look what arrived. I was extremely angered last night to find this at my front door. I was expecting the standard black bucket, and this is what I get.

I've been cycling fish through QT for a couple months now and have a couple more arriving today and so I've been using a LOT of salt. Now I have to deal with this box of unlabeled salt. And I have go down to a lfs to see what salt they have so I can keep the QT functioning (and in doing so will probably have to mix different brands). Grrr.

There is nothing in the box but a bag of unlabeled salt.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
un-expectable , but I am sure they will make it right - they are a good company, one of my favorites, I ordered for dogs (great prices on heartworm med), birds (parrots) & fish from them on a regular basis for years.

You may know this already... if not, for what it's worth ... that does look like Red Sea salt.. what should have come in the black bucket, inside the black bucket it comes in a plastic bag like that, with that exact blue zip tie

Hopefully they will make it right & ship you a new one, right away.

Seems someone in management needs to straighten out the warehouse guys again.

Oxylebius

I've been using red sea pro salt for years now, the ties they use have changed color. What I don't like is that I don't know what has been done to this salt. The red sea manufacturer places it in a closed bucket, stays closed and dry. I don't know if this salt has been opened and contaminated. I've left a bag of red sea pro salt open before and it absorbs all the moisture in the air and becomes moist, this causes the salt to react as well. And this is what I am worried about. Why isn't this salt in the bucket? What happened to the bucket? What has this salt been exposed to.

Not acceptable. I won't be using this salt.

I will be calling Drs Foster and Smith after I finish my first cup of coffee this morning. I have also bought from them for years, all fish stuff. They have been a good company, so I was surprised to find this box of salt.

Pat24601

I'm with you on this. I wouldn't use it either.

I agree they are a good company, but I'd have the same concerns.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I agree they need to explain to the warehouse guys not to do this... as no one with a swt going to feel comfortable using it.

sirrealism

I know you all are fans of fosters and smith but I for one use BRS only. I ordered a bucket from BRS and it came broke like many others here have said. I took pics of the broken bucket and called BRS. I sent them the pics and they sent me another bucket free of charge and told me to keep the old bucket. The broken buckets bag was still in sealed so I used it anyway. BRS would never do something so shady like just send a box. As far as cost well I just wait till I need 175$ worth of stuff and then shipping is free and there is always codes around to get 10$ or a % off of orders. They are always having some kind of sale 2. The 175g bucket is 64.99 right now on BRS which is there normal price. So I look at fosters and they are 69.95. Yes they have the 10% off right now but still normal price is 5$ more

Pat24601

Actually, I use BRS more than anyone else by far for this type of thing. I've bought a ton of stuff from there...test kits, rodi, ATO, etc. So, I agree they have great products and support.

While this doesn't matter as a consumer, personally I also like the various videos they put out about various products. (BRStv). They are very informative and I don't think it's a bad thing at all to support a business that worked to educate folks like me who are new to the hobby.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Call Dr Fosters and Smith and tell them what happened. They did make this right by me, though it did take two shipments.

I use Dr Fosters and Smith for salt because they have free shipping on orders over $50. Shipping salt from BRS is expensive!

sirrealism

Yes the shipping can be expensive but shipping is free on orders over 175. I will buy 3 buckets at a time and use a promo code for 10$ off comes out to 185$ I also like there vids and really like there own products Like BRS GFO and Kalk. They are great products. Since BRS does not sell anything other then salt water items i feel they are much more in tune with us. Also you will only find quality products at BRS. There moto is if they wont use it in there DT they wont sell it.
To each there own and I have nothing against F&S just feel BRS is better IMO which means Jack LOL

Oxylebius

I buy from a number of vendors, depends on what I'm looking for, what they carry, and what discounts are being offered. My usual go to vendors are 'Drs Foster and Smith', 'BRS', 'Marine Depot', and 'Air, Water & Ice'.