Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

SeaSiren

I was wondering when you pair your snowcassos up with onyx perculas do you have an idea of what kind of offspring will be produced? Wouldnt they end up being alot darker? Just curious

oasis0885

hi im new to the forum im from the uk and im just wondering if these types of clowns (picasso, snowflake) are available in the uk because i have looked on a lot of uk websites and i cannot find any at all, i would really like one of these fish.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I was wondering when you pair your snowcassos up with onyx perculas do you have an idea of what kind of offspring will be produced? Wouldnt they end up being alot darker? Just curious

Hi. I am not sure but I would think that there might be more black on some of the offspring.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
hi im new to the forum im from the uk and im just wondering if these types of clowns (picasso, snowflake) are available in the uk because i have looked on a lot of uk websites and i cannot find any at all, i would really like one of these fish.

I am not familiar with the UK's rules regarding importing live fish. You could discuss this with one of your local fish stores? They may already import from other countries?

Ryan

hey Doni, I've been gone for a while because my tank crashed during my move and everything died. I'm just at the point where I'm about to add fish to a new system. SO, I will be ordering another picasso. I wanted to know though, am I able to order one that is a little larger, maybe inch and a half or so? Or do you just sell the young ones as quick as you can? Thanks in advance!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear that Ryan :( Moves are tough especially in the winter time.
The size I have in stock depends on demand... I sometimes have grade B's that are close to 1.5".

Ryan

yeah it was a x-country move back in early April. Despite all of my preparations and 2 power inverters, everything got smoked. The 2 picasso's were the only things alive when I got here. I took them to a LFS but both were dead within 2 days. HUGE BUMMER!

I should be ordering within a month, so when I do, I'll see if you have any larger ones. If not, I'll just get one from the site.

BTW I wont ever be moving that far again, especially with a reef tank.

SeaSiren

Hi Doni!

Its Pam from CT. I was wondering if I could ask you a couple questions I have found that all of a sudden my two set of clowns are getting ready to spawn...of course I am not ready I have 2 Orange and white Occ. and 2 black and white misbarred Occ. the other pairs I have are still juveniles but, I wanted to ask you I am in the middle of setting up a breeder tank and I have a local fish store that is going to build it.

This is what I have told them I wanted a 48"x18"x13" acrylic system with black acrylic all around including the dividers that will be sealed and the front will be clear with a 1" bulkhead hole drilled in the back of each cubicle. I am waiting on my price.

But, I wanted to ask you how big of a sump will I need do you think and besides livesand and macroalage in the sump what would you reccomend as the best skimmer for the system and anything else I have missed.

Thanks

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Hi Pam. If you asked that question to 10 different breeders, you'd get at least 12 different answers ;) Use the largest sump you can fit; get a skimmer that is overated for the total water volume you have; save room for a huge refugium and a place for a carbon reactor/media... then feed well and be patient!

forddna

Doni, I have a Grade A and a Snowcasso from you. They are a couple years old now and doing great! No new pics because they haven't changed since the last pics I posted. My avatar is one of them.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Hi Doni! :hallo:

It would be awesome if you would post pics of the different unsatisfactory features compared to ideal specimens.

This information will eventually be on my website. I plan on making a page "What is a Cull?" with photos for examples. I never knew until I started raising them so it might help to educate others what to look for.

Chelle2161

Hi there:wave:

Just wanted to say hello...thanks for sharing your infromation here :)
And I believe I am getting one of your generations this week! lol

(LFS ordered form ProAquatix, who PA tells me they have one of yours...very cool!)

Thanks again for the info... back to reading :)

MBIsite: Chelle's Ocean :wave: