Rapid Led 40 3w cree led kit

Jackalope

Very nice build thread on those!

Whats the larger part on the wires in some areas? looks like a fuse link or something.... n/m self explanatory. soldered point extension?

I'm going to make an atempt to add stars to this thread lol.
what part of Texas you live in anyhow if i may ask?

Jackalope

ah right-on. hey what means of suspension you going to use for these guys? i seen some really interesting setups from bent conduit to cables.

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Im going to hang with cables from these hangers
91a0eced.jpg

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I had pre cut wire and a few were to short so i had to add two togather so it would reach. After i soldered them together i used shrink tubing instead of electrical tape.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ahhh very good! Nice clean work and I like that a lot better than tossing the shorties and making new ones. Good work :)

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Ok all work i forgot to get a hanging kit but i found some small bungees that will work for the short term. Excuse all the free wires will be fixed. Now time to mount the fans.
27b968da.jpg

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Heres an almost finished product.I know the bungees make them unevenwhen my hanging kits come in it will look better.
5499fccf.jpg

ChrisOaty

Awesome kit! I decided to put together my own kit as I wanted a little more blue and a couple reds. I got a pre-drilled/tapped 23" 36-LED heatsink, 20 royal blues, 14 cool whites, and 2 red. And might i say, RapidLed is an amazing company. Prompt shipping, quality products, great service. Every time I email the staff (mike), he responds within a few minutes. Same goes with the guys running Glass-Holes.

chipmunkofdoom2

Looks great! I have a feeling I know the answer, but how do you like the light compared to your last fixture? :D

Also, can you maybe take a little closer pic of the dimmer (or what I think is the dimmer)? I'm still curious on how these Meanwells get dimmed

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I just have three Potentiometers one for each driver in a clear case housing. Looks kind of ghetto but i plan on buying an apex soon. The potentiometers are all tied into one 10v source.
9e9a89a5.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The finished product looks GREAT!! Have you taken (can you ?) any heat readings from inside the canopy and more importantly on the top side of the heat-sinks? How much room do you have from the top of the heat-sinks to the canopy lid?