Rapid Led 40 3w cree led kit

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I just purchased 40 3w leds from rapid led today it is a Diy kit with 36 leds and i added 4 more it is a dimmable kit i will keep everyone posted with the build

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
its 20 cool white cree xp-gr5 leds and 20 royal blue cree xpe led with 3 meanwell dimmable drivers and 60 degree lenses and 3 4.25x9 heat sinks

chipmunkofdoom2

Any updates? For the price that's a pretty nice kit. Do they give you any information on the dimming? I don't have a ton of experience when it comes to the Meanwells and am curious how the dimming will go.

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Ok the kit is here I will probably start the build tommorrow i will try to show step by step
b99f473f.jpg

chipmunkofdoom2

Looks pretty sweet.

Do you have to drill/tap the heatsink for this build or is the thermal compound a thermal "paste"? That's the toughest part of the build IMO.. if you don't have proper tools of course.

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I am testing each led to make sure their good before i use the thermal adhesive.
47e159d7.jpg
IMG]http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc365/mcentire1123/6fc5d969.jpg[/IMG]

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've nearly blinded myself a few times by looking directly at them.. it's hard to describe just how bright they are :) Things are looking good!

AMEN! I'm still seeing "Flash Stars" in my eyes from turning my fixture on last Friday! It's stunning and hurts!

Looks good so far :)