Randy's 130D

vubben

Got the new lamps today. If there's one thing Steve at InTank does well it's get things out quick and that goes a long way toward keeping customers happy. They were nicely packed in all the filter floss I ordered. Plugged them in and was pleasantly surprised to notice quite a difference in color and brightness compared to the year old bulbs they replaced. Hopefully they will help with the algae on my glass that has recently needed shaving every day!

vubben

Hopefully the new bulbs will help with the algae reduction.
Now that I see the difference in light, I'm hoping the new lights might also help my Hammer which, although it has improved, is still not back to it's former glory. We'll see.

redsea reefer

New bulbs a way brighter and make a big difference. I can notice a drop in intensity about 6 months in, but still replace them at 9.

vubben

Thanks Eddie. I'll have to start paying more attention to the lights. One day under the fresh bulbs and my Hammer is looking better than it has in months. On top of that, my glass is still algae free 24 hours after the last cleaning. Next change out, January at the latest!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
+1 ^ Maybe he is locked away in the editing room again and lost the key LOL.

vubben

Hi guys. Still here but between work and a family health issue, I haven't had a lot of free time of late. But just so's you know, the tanks one year anniversary came and went and I'm still quite happy with they way it's all looking. Here's a few somewhat recent pics. I'll likely only have time to lurk the forum for a while but when I can I'll stop in for a longer visit and say hi.
I hope you're all well.

1d31b4d1.jpg

c991bbb3.jpg

And the latest addition to the menagerie... Mr. Gregory Peck
c56adef3.jpg

jpsika08

Hey Randy!
Sorry to hear about the family health issue, hope for the best it's not too bad.

Tank is looking great and congrats on Mr. Gregory Peck, he is really nice :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Randy. I'm also sorry to hear about the family health issue, and hoping the best for that. Good to hear from you though, and Mr. Gregory Peck is a pretty one! A Senegal Parrot I believe?

vubben

Thanks all. And yes, he/she? is a Senegal. Not much of a talker yet but also not much of a squaker so that's good. In fact he's is so reluctant to squak that I've almost stepped on him a dozen times when he's landed on the floor and walked into the kitchen while I'm making breakfast.

Have fun all.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey Randy - all the best - thanks for checking in - tank looks great & pretty new parrot - here hoping for a speedy back to 100% health