purple algae, red algae growing in my tank. Is this algae bad??

leslie

I have some purple and red algae growing in my tank. I like the looks of it, however I am just wondering if it is bad. I am going to put my breeding cinnamon clown fish in this tank to help the larvae hide. I just want to make sure this is an appropriate set up for raising babie fish. I have pictures to show, however not sure how to put them on this post.

leslie

I have looked everywhere for pictures of this type of algae on the internet and I can find it anywhere. It is pretty thick and is growing over my live rocks. I wish someone would tell me how to post pics on here so everyone could see what I am talking about. I am not good at describing it.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Be sure to start a tank thread & share your tank with us, we love pics :dance:

With a pic, sure we can id - let me ask you this... if you blow on it, with like a turkey baster, does it blow off or is it fibrous & attached well

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ay-post-pics-photobucket-nanoreefing4fun.html

leslie

What about the red algae thats growing as well?? Also is this a good algea to have? And would this be sufficiant for breeding my cinnimon clowns in??

leslie

I still dont know how to get pics on here......I am very frustrated!! It use to be so easy to do!

leslie

What am I doing wrong??? It will not paste for me. It will show coppied off of photo bucket, however I can not get it to post on here.

leslie

Mostly, some attatched to the side of the tank, we scrapped and sucked that out. Now the red algea whitch looks pretty similar to the purple is only growing on the live rocks. We have tons of brittle starfish in the tank, snails and one fish ( not sure what species) nothing seems to be harmed....our mushrooms are still growing and reproducing. We have a small brain coral that is alive and a disk, not sure what its called. I know the green is capulara I think is the name, i know it helps with the nitrates and nitrites so not really bothered by that, we can keep that in check. I just want a really good place to raise baby fish.

leslie

You can look at my profile and see how this fishtank looks and it set up. Sorry the pics are sideways, dont know how to turn them around, however you can still see the tank. Would love some feed back on it.....I dont know if its really screwed and we need to start all over or if its good for what I want to use it for.