ptbmaniac's RSM 250 Adventure!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:ponder2:I think you are going to have to buy a chiller, but the way your luck runs....it probably won't work right either:ponder2:

ptbmaniac

You said it! I am having terrible luck with everything! For now I am just going to rotate frozen water bottles because I just can't afford a chiller. If Ice can't cool off the water then I will just put my tail between my legs and take the loss! I mean this has been a nightmare!

ptbmaniac

No there is nothing anywhere near the tank! It is actually in a garage conversion so there is no vents or anything like that.

ziggy

No there is nothing anywhere near the tank! It is actually in a garage conversion so there is no vents or anything like that.

I think the question was was there an air vent between the top of the water and the cover, so heat from the lights can get out and not heat up the water as much

bhd130

I think the question was was there an air vent between the top of the water and the cover, so heat from the lights can get out and not heat up the water as much

He took the question the way I meant it. But you have a point too. But it's hot when the lights are off too correct?

I just could not be comfortable not knowing what the issue is. Even if I had a chiller, I would need to know why I need a chiller.

I really hope you get to the bottom of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggy

He took the question the way I meant it. But you have a point too. But it's hot when the lights are off too correct?

I just could not be comfortable not knowing what the issue is. Even if I had a chiller, I would need to know why I need a chiller.

I really hope you get to the bottom of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He says his tank temp exceeds 86F.
Had him do experiments unplugging each thing overnight and seeing what the temp does
When he umplugged pump #2 ONLY the temp started to go down

From what he was telling us it did not make sense as if something is being missed

ptbmaniac

So today it was cold so the heater in the room was on all day and the highest that the tank got was 81.2. This is crazy because one day the tank will be 84-85 and the next day with eveything the same the tank will be 80-82 so I have no idea.

ziggy

So today it was cold so the heater in the room was on all day and the highest that the tank got was 81.2. This is crazy because one day the tank will be 84-85 and the next day with eveything the same the tank will be 80-82 so I have no idea.

:banghead:

scott7975

Honestly, because of this post, I really believe what I said earlier....

I think its warmer in your house then you think it is. Think about it. Your temps don't make any sense and go against science. Its simply just not possible. This is when your heater is not running all day. Now its cold in your house and the heater runs all day so your temps are fine. It really sounds that when your house is warm, its warmer then you think it is and that's why your tank temps are high.

"the next day with everything the same the tank will be 80-82 so I have no idea"... But everything is not the same. Your house is colder.

ptbmaniac

Well the room heater has been on high for 2 days and the tank is at 82. The heater is usually on low and that was when the tank was hot.Now with the new pumps and the heater on high the temps have been down. The room has been warmerthan we usually keep it so it does look like we are making progress.

ziggy

Well the room heater has been on high for 2 days and the tank is at 82. The heater is usually on low and that was when the tank was hot.Now with the new pumps and the heater on high the temps have been down. The room has been warmerthan we usually keep it so it does look like we are making progress.

Sounds like the pumps did it

ptbmaniac

Temps have been fine now for a few days now and the water tests have been great! I am going to pick up a very small cleanup crew for now. Probably a few snails and hermits. If all goes well I will order a full CUC from reefcleaners when it is not 10 degrees outside.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
How about a FULL TANK SHOT (FTS) Picture?
I think this thread needs some PICTURES! :chair::lurk:

ptbmaniac

I can't keep the sand in that one corner of the tank! I guess the flow is strong there. I tried putting some rocks there to help,but it is not working. The plan was to put a clam in that corner if we get one in the future. I really need to get the algae gone. Hoping to get something to eat some of it soon.

Tokalosh

Looking good, I think you may have a little to much sand in your tank. Ideally it should be about a 1" above the black trim.

A good CUC should do the trick in cleaning up the algae when the time comes.

Tok

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Some turbo snails will help with that algae. Tok is spot on too, it looks like you can remove some of that sand.