Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

tnwillia

Added my external pump to my 250 yesterday. Plumbed into the right side port following Brucewrs built. ATO going in next weekend. Getting there.... Enjoy!

DSC00823.jpg

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
I moved the vortech far back beside the pump outlet. Worked fine at first then I realised it alters the water level in the back compartment too much. Bummer. Thought I could hide the vortech!

vortechmove.jpg

Last edited:

TenUhC

I just got my 250 and I am having a time positioning the left side bigger pump nozzle in a good spot. It is either too high splashing water out the top or too low moving my sand. Bodyguard had some deflector thing on in the early pics, but later pics there is none. What was it, where can I get one and why was it removed? Thanx.

RaysReef

I just got my 250 and I am having a time positioning the left side bigger pump nozzle in a good spot. It is either too high splashing water out the top or too low moving my sand. Bodyguard had some deflector thing on in the early pics, but later pics there is none. What was it, where can I get one and why was it removed? Thanx.

Hey TenUhC, This might sound a bit strange but, for me, it depends on how you position pump2, the smaller pump. You can use that to defect the water from the big pump. It does take time to get it right. I'd think twice about using a deflector on the bigger pump.

tnwillia

Brucewrs has a deflector on his right pump outlet, think I read somewhere others had tried but they will not fit on the left pump outlet, too big.

brucewrs

I have a deflector on the right side but I dont have the stock pump outlet.I have my 3/4" return line from my chiller thru the right side hole.Then hooked up the deflector to the hose.

RaysReef

tnwillia, that's a lot of work you've put into your setup. Well done. What will the additional equipment do for you - The refugium and reactors?

tnwillia

RaysReef.... Thanks! Two reactors let be get everything but my skimmer and the left pump out of the back chambers. My heat went way down and my chiller run time has cut way back. Running PhosBan in 1 and Chemi-pure elite in the other, been fighting Phos & Nitrate problems for a month or so now and only plan on these being used temporaraly as needed. Fuge/sump is working towards additional total tank water (+17.5 gal) and feeding for Mandrin/ other possible additions later.

This was like candy, once I started adding on it's been real hard to stop. But, I have stopped now and will just let it grow for a while.

RaysReef

tnwillia so you're addicted huh?, what is apc 1500 ups and gas generator? Does that run the system or is that power back up?

tnwillia

It's just power back up. APC is a med size UPS that runs my pumps only for about an hour. If outage is longer I bring everything up on the Gas Generator. South Carolina has bad storms with Lightening from March thru November. By back up stuff already paid for themselves in 3 14 plus hour power outages already this year. Just a fact of life living in the South.

RaysReef

I see tnwillia, so it's an essential add-on in your part of the states. I was wondering why you have dry rock and not live? Is that 'tufa rock' the stuff that turns to sand when you break it? Interesting, tnwillia. If you had a tank thread I'd be reading it now ;)

RaysReef

Thank you reefmack! It maybe needs a little bump. I'm thinking about starting my own tank thread soon, not sure where to start, maybe the beginning but you've heard it all before lol.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
RaysReef - yes, you need a tank thread! It doesn't matter if you start with a few older pics, or a newer one. Think up a nifty title like RaysReef's Scottish RSM 250, An RSM 250 in Scotland, or ? It just might attract a few more Scots out of hiding! But use whatever title you want and get it started LOL!

RaysReef

I prefer the international feel. There is a lot of Scots on another UK forum, and I'm ususally quite anonymous. So what I am saying is, you wont be impressed with the boring title :)