Post your enchinophylias!

JnS

here is one I got in a week ago........
Picture%20001.jpg

Chrismo

I have 3 Echino's which I think are all echinopora going by the size of the polyps... The green one is huge too. 11" or so. There are a few more choice pieces at my LFS which are starting to colour up. I'm getting a blue one next I think. I love these things!

Attachments

• echno_01_greenwhole_10in.jpg
    echno_01_greenwhole_10in.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 152
  • echno_01_green_10in_macro.jpg
    echno_01_green_10in_macro.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 150
  • echno_02_pink_4in.jpg
    echno_02_pink_4in.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 152
  • echno_03_purple_7in.jpg
    echno_03_purple_7in.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 152

davejnz

I found this piece of Echinopora a few weeks ago while browsing the LFS

Attachments

• echinopora.JPG
    echinopora.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 127

Jendub

Maximus said:
Personally, I think Echino's are going to be the next big thing. What do you guys think?

Maximus sssshhhhh!!! If you go and announce it, there will be less for me. So let me get a couple more then go and tell it to the world.

So for now the are boring worthless common coral.;)

mps9506

What lighting are you guys keeping your under?
Mine is a nice deep golden brown with very little green on it. Nothing like Tyree advertised :(

LOUISBUI

mps9506 said:
What lighting are you guys keeping your under?
Mine is a nice deep golden brown with very little green on it. Nothing like Tyree advertised :(

I got all Tyree's Echino LEs in my tank and they have been doing well as we speak...Let me know which Tyree's Echino that you have so that I may help you out...

Louis

Jendub

mps9506 said:
What lighting are you guys keeping your under?Mine is a nice deep golden brown with very little green on it. Nothing like Tyree advertised :(

That's a bummer... what kind of lights do you have? Mine is under 10k MH and Tyree's piece has colored up some. Where is it at in your tank?

1386P2230717_Custom_.JPG

mps9506

I have it at the bottom of my 40 breeder under a single 10k 250watt halide.
Not in the brightest spot in the tank.
I can't figure it out. It came in brown and has only marginally colored up. Most of the color is concentrated around the mouths (Is that correct grammer?)

mps9506

Here is what it looked like when it came in:
379echino-med.jpg

Still looks the same, except the sides have healed up and it might have a slight bit more color.

LOUISBUI

Give it more time to stabilize in your tank, Mike...You can then move it to a brighter spot at the bottom and see if it can start coloring up...Perhaps, it needs little more light...

Louis

mps9506

It seems to be settling in prety well as all the fragged "scars" are healed up and it appears puffs up nicely. I was under the impression they don't do as well under higer light so I put it in more of a low light area. Do these things do better on substrate or on the rock work? I would assume substrate...

danano

Here's a close-up of my red chalice with white spots

Attachments

• 23Jan05 071 danano echino red-white spots close-up1.jpg
    23Jan05 071 danano echino red-white spots close-up1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 150

LOUISBUI

danano said:
Here's a close-up of my red chalice with white spots

Cool piece with the blend of red and white, Danano...If you consider to frag, let me know...We can trade some..;-)

Louis