Post your enchinophylias!

LOUISBUI

Here are few pics of my Echino/Oxypora pieces shown in following order:

Echino Aspera Rainbow LE
Echino Lamellosa LE - Blue Chalice
Echino Orpheensis LE
Echino Echinoporides Redbrick LE
Echino Echinoporides Alien Eyes LE (Tub's Echino)

Attachments

• Echino Aspera Rainbow.jpg
    Echino Aspera Rainbow.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Blue Chalice LE.jpg
    Blue Chalice LE.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Echino Orpheensis LE.jpg
    Echino Orpheensis LE.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 184
  • Red Echino.jpg
    Red Echino.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Alien Eyes Echino.jpg
    Alien Eyes Echino.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 188

LOUISBUI

Here are few more:

Echino Turquoise w/ Pink Eyes
Echino Pink
Oxypora Lacera LE (Dessert Plate)

The Dessert Plate pic is fuzzy...It does show the blue pigments as mentioned by Steve in his LE notes...It needs to be hidden away from light in order to get the blue color...

I will get you pics of few more species manana...

Louis

Attachments

• Turquoise Echino.jpg
    Turquoise Echino.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 184
  • Pink Echino.jpg
    Pink Echino.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Oxy Lacera LE.jpg
    Oxy Lacera LE.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 186

Jendub

Wow Louis very nice collection:D
Mike I like your piece, how big is it?
Here is my new echino I got tonight, it is so bright....
1386P1210672_Custom_.JPG

mps9506

It still hasn't shipped. It's a tyree frag so I figure it will be about the size of an atom when I get it :D

Jendub

hey Mike I have the other one if you need a frag. He had two of those babies in his tank. I went down there and bought one whole one instead of a frag of it. Here is a pic...

Attachments

• P1050012 (Custom).JPG
    P1050012 (Custom).JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 170

RandyO

Echinophyllia from Downset.

Jan05AlienEchino.jpg

There are two separate frags on this rock. You can see the smaller one on the right, with the green ring around it.

mane3215

Hey bro, that is a killer enchino that for some reason I just havent been able to aqcuire =). Luckily tyree just made it a limited.\

Awesome piece!

UnderWaterParadise

my name is Rob and I'm a Zooaholic
Jen, that piece is sweet.

Randy, love the new pieces.

Is it just me or is everything cool looking becoming a LE. After 100,000 people own 1 is it stil LE????????

va_reefman

Looking good Randy. Are those white speckles around the rim or just skeleton showing? They do add a nice touch to the green rim though.

John

LOUISBUI

va_reefman said:
Looking good Randy. Are those white speckles around the rim or just skeleton showing? They do add a nice touch to the green rim though.

John

I think its true color depends on its exposure to the light, John...The lower the light, the more bluish it gets...Is it Tyree's Echino Alien Eyes LE?

Louis

va_reefman

Louis,

Yes, it is the Echinophyllia echinoporides Tubs Alien Eye - Limited Edition from Tyree but I was refering to the dots around the rim. It looks cool though.

John

RandyO

Hey John. Yes, those white dots around the rim are part of the color. The green rim is mostly flesh. You can see it has inflated, and even turned up toward the light. The skeleton is on the rock, and has not plated out yet. It has been encrusting down, as you can see. I love how fleshy the edge of this coral gets.

Chris. Your slacking dude. :)

LOUISBUI

John/Randy...Remember that this particular Echino loves low light...I have tested it at different positions in my tank for few months and found out that it grows nicely under quite low light condition...The bluish color will become more obvious under such light exposure...

Louis

RandyO

LOUISBUI said:
John/Randy...Remember that this particular Echino loves low light...I have tested it at different positions in my tank for few months and found out that it grows nicely under quite low light condition...The bluish color will become more obvious under such light exposure...

Louis

Thanks Louis. I had to learn that one the hard way. Not that it hurt this echino in the bright zone I placed it at first, but it got pale. Now I keep it in a far corner on my tank with very low light. The pic I posted was from a few days ago. It is much happier.

Downset

RandyO said:
Echinophyllia from Downset.

Jan05AlienEchino.jpg

There are two separate frags on this rock. You can see the smaller one on the right, with the green ring around it.

Looking good! I love the new growth on this coral. It seems to be growing pretty fast for you,i fragged about a 1/3 of my colony away and it seems to have gotten back to its original size again in about 3/4 months