Please Help with My Project!

Melanie

I feel like you guys have become a second family to me. I thought it would be fun to get a little frag of something from each of my RS friends' tanks. I would of course pay! It would make for a nice story when people ask me about my reef and I would think of each person every time I looked at the tank. Plus you guys could see it develop.

What do you think? Wanna help?

Look, I have lots of room to fill!

013-1.jpg

vdituri

I could contribute a pulsing xenia or a black sun coral or a hairy mushroom.
You pick. lol.

framerguy

I'm in but I doubt I have anything you want. Look at the first page in the Akwar'eum cronicle to see and pm me. I'd attach a link but I don't know how, I just tried... sounds like a fun plan though.

DrHank

Melanie just about everything would have to be overnighted to you. That would be a lot of expense on your part. I appreciate the thought but I really think you should ask for pictures. You could make a folder for them and look at them whenever you like. You might want to start with the ones that have been posted already.

Your tank is doing wonderfully and will continue to get better as it ages. Try to learn as much as you can about balancing Ca, ALK, and MG. Those are the building blocks on which your corals grow. I know that it's scary at first but the reef calculator Reef Chemistry Calculator will help you do it. You might also want to look for a local reef club in your area for trading frags.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Like 80% of RS is in Florida, just drive around the block and fill it up! great idea I could send you some snow for x mass? steve

vdituri

Dang 80%? I thought we cut them off already?
Alright, no more floridians! I don't care if they DO help prevent tooth decay.

What? Did I misunderstand?

DrHank

Aw come on Steve you know darn well it's only 78%. Give us a break. The only snow we see is from our fish.

lcstorc

Hey Florida is a big state. We should have more FL members.
Take your pic from my tank pics. I'll frag whatever you like. Hopefully it will live long enough to send it,

prow

thats a great idea. if you dont mind paying the shipping i will donate a nice frag for ya.

Melanie

Yeah! This will be fun. Thanks everyone who has offered to help.

I know how expensive it will be for overnight shpping. I'm going to do one at a time and I have a discount with Fed Ex for priority overnight shipping. It's really reasonable for me to use my account.

Lorraine, it's still the same time from Utah!:invisible Guaranteed delivery by 10 AM the next morning.

So, I'm thinking about how this could work....hhhmmmmmm. I could print the Fed Ex label and mail it in a regular envelope. Or if my buddy didn't have the little styrofoam cooler, I saved one from my liveaquaria order (and the ice packs!) I could mail that and then all you would have to do is refreeze the ice pack and pop it in.

This could work! Lynn, I'll get one from you personally when I deliver your TMPR salt after MACNA.:whstlr:

DrHank

Put me lower down on your list. I want to see if I can grow you some of those radioactive green zoas. They are one of my favorites but they grow so slow.

GeeWizzItsMe

Great idea! Once I get into frags I would LOVE to trade with you or something! Soon your reef will be filled with beautiful coral!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Mel I'll try and frag you something from My tank... not sure what.. I have some lovely Yellow Palys... or maybe something else later on? I have some GSP's but you have to keep them under control. I have had GREAT luck with UPS 2nd day. Just got a GREAT little walmart thermos from flricordia loaded with goodies and they arrived in GREAT shape. It doesn't HAVE to be overnight.

Allen :)

panmanmatt

I could send you a few things in a month or so maybe. I justfragged a bunch of things for my clubs frag swap so once they recover I can get you some.

Just another thought to help save Mel some cash. If there are a couple of folks from the same area willing to send frags, they should send them as one package. Fed Ex charges by dimensional weight so it would be the same for probably up to 3-4 frags as it would be for just one frag.

Melanie

Seriously, you guys would be very surprised for what I pay for Fed Ex. It is sometimes cheaper for me to Fed Ex than mail something regular mail. (Not always, but most of the time in FL at least it's about $10 - $20 for priority overnight.)

This is so exciting! Since I'll be doing them one at at time, those of you that want to wait a couple of months, it will work out great!

That thermos idea is killer. I hadn't considered that.