Pauls RSM 250

magicmann

All thanks for the comments . I have been checking the tank all night and I am reasonably confident there isn't a leak.
Glen the old thread about water levels and micro bubbles would come in handy.

I am off work tomorrow so should have time to sort it out

magicmann

Thanks Glen I knew there was something but I haven't changed the level of the tank for a long time.
It is the skimmer tips with the photos I was after .

Thanks again

Paul

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Paul over time, (my RSM 250 about two years old now) I have found... I have been keeping my water levers a bit higher (water level window - 2nd line down) and my gate height down about 1/4" from the skimmer tips sticky tips - if this helps... never any micro bubbles... unless the water level drops because I need to topoff, if I had an ato, I would never see them :) hope this helps

magicmann

Glen my water level had also risen over the years but tit was too high, touching the plastic lid openers on each side . I am brining it down to level with the top of the glass and then I need to move the gate. It is so long since I moved the gate it took a lot of budging cleaning etc.

Just super glad that I didn't have a leak, not really sure what it was but it seems to be sorted.
Its my tank day today so water change , clean and sort out the gate.

magicmann

Just had an email from my LFs he has my chalice in stock. He also has a pistol shrimp and goby pair he is keeping for me. He won't let me have them before Sunday.

:happywalk:pBJ::snowski:

magicmann

I picked up my new Pistol Shrimp and Goby together with the new chalice Yesterday. I have not seen the shrimp since he was released but the goby seems happy.

Here are the pics no shrimp as I have no idea where he has gone

The chalice

New FTS

I will get some pics of the Goby and shrimp when they get back together

magicmann

Thanks all, everything is growing now so I think I am about done with coral. Unless I see something nice which I am sure I will fit in.

magicmann

Hi all its along time since I have been on here. The tank was doing fine until this afternoon and now the lights have gone off. I had this previously and it was the timer.
I have replaced the timer and still no lights. Does anyone have any ideas, would the fan fuse stop the lights and fans working.

What alternatives are there to the normal lighting. Now I am in the hood is there an LED option in the UK

Thanks All

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I do know I have read Red Sea saying this is the case... if the hood fans stop working, as a safety factor, it will shutdown the lights.

Here hoping you can sort & others can advise maybe with more details...

magicmann

Hi Glenn

It could be just the fuse but I have the hood open on the floor. I thought it was the timer again. I will give Red Sea Kev a call tomorrow if I can find his number

Thanks

Paul

magicmann

Hi all

I called Kev and he was as always very helpful. The problem is the inside of the hood is not the easiest thing to understand even with wiring diagrams. I will try to work out the puzzle tonight.

Just out of interest the fuse would not knock the whole light unit out so I know its not that.

Any ideas of LEDS that may work under the hood would be helpful

Thanks

Paul

magicmann

Glen

Thanks for that, I have just swapped the two transformers and we have light (yippee). I will wait for the new transformer to arrive and put it all back together. I will send some new picks when all up and working. You won't recognise with all the growth.

Paul

magicmann

I am up and running again. The new transformer took longer to arrive than expected but the hood is fixed and back on the tank. I also changed out the cooling fans while I was in the hood and they are almost silent now.

I think the corals will take a few days to get to back to usual.

Paul