Our RSM 250 adventure

Oxylebius

Since I can't see if the whole body - I have two guesses...

1) The pic shows a tentacle of a spaghetti worm: http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-06/rs/index.htm
Cirratulids and Terebellids are deposit feeders which gather food from the sand by means of their palps. They tend to bury themselves in sand or stick out of holes in the rocks.

2) If this is the worm and not a tentacle - there are several black and white annelids you can look into: http://chucksaddiction.thefishestate.net/hitchworms.html
Eusyllinae and Autolytinae are two of them.

relexus

Well it was on the glass and i have never seen it before (tank up and running since december) it moves and is very long. Seasnake???? [emoji23][emoji23]
Haven't seen him again if i do i'll try to film it. It ain't eggs.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

relexus

Since I can't see if the whole body - I have two guesses...

1) The pic shows a tentacle of a spaghetti worm: http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-06/rs/index.htm
Cirratulids and Terebellids are deposit feeders which gather food from the sand by means of their palps. They tend to bury themselves in sand or stick out of holes in the rocks.

2) If this is the worm and not a tentacle - there are several black and white annelids you can look into: http://chucksaddiction.thefishestate.net/hitchworms.html
Eusyllinae and Autolytinae are two of them.

Option nr 2 is more like it. Hopefully it will show himself again. So i can get a better picture.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
very interesting... does look like a part of a cirratulid maybe one of his gills left behind...

hairworm4.jpg

Image5.jpg

relexus

Hi there all. I know it has been a while but we still have the tank and it looks great. After 3 days of total darkness because of the algae it almost looks like it is HD. Cleaned the reef and djeez there was a lot of dirt coming of. All the feather dusters survived my reef cleaning. The whelks are happy and they fiddle around, our fish are happy and eating and we got some corals as well. One got eaten by a crab so he went and i his little brother as well. Found an other one today but he is different then the first two so he is in a jar atm. We have 2 clownsfish a foxhead (we call them over here) a little critter that filters the sand. The values are good and i change my water with fresh seawater every week. Very happy atm
42df263c8df8922a0f831794ac3d6df3.jpg
3e5276c8b4ae03e8ab4baa59a155aaa0.jpg
66d39e900ee525bd50f14262902952b6.jpg
2b86a21c8ed0da5b443674d9ab99b8aa.jpg
960f63d9f8011904b9643227f042fc88.jpg
7bfbd920b158e25ca39e9054c10ef9ab.jpg
c130847063e777c4f12951052806474d.jpg
85eb329c4596a6600c15031a51891d96.jpg
2f3799d0350f29e80d7653f9a81cca63.jpg
0793c9d804756004e458940a88a7006c.jpg

Ps we got rid of the brown stuff so that is a releaf.
We are running the tank for four months now so very happy [emoji106]

Last edited:

GregT

Tanks looking great and love the rockwork. Looking at the pics it looks like you have the power board running down the outside of your tank though?

relexus

Tanks looking great and love the rockwork. Looking at the pics it looks like you have the power board running down the outside of your tank though?

It is a second power board. We have the Tunze pumps on it, a small streaming pump that is in the extra sump (that holds the salt water for refill), the heather (we bought just incase) and the chiller, so we can turn them on and off seperatly when needed.
We use the original power board of the tank as well but it disn't have enough sockets [emoji6]

Oxylebius

The #2 crab you posted is a good crab and can be kept in your reef system. It's a classic Porcellanid (family Porcellanidae) showing the distinctive 3 pairs of walking legs, two large claws and long antennae just behind the eyes. If you look closely, towards the back of the carapace on either side you'll see another small pair of legs folded up and held against the body. These are used for grooming. Up front, you can see the large mouth parts that open up into the distinctive fan-like structures used to filter organic particulate matter and plankton from the water column. All in all, it's a neat little crab. Porcellanids are generally small and don't have much negative impact on a reef system. They do scavenge as well as filter feed though, so I'd recommend offering it the occasional pellet food or meaty bits (of marine origin). Sometimes these crabs aren't able to obtain enough food from filter-feeding alone.

relexus

Our anemone is hiding for a couple of days now. And this is what i saw this morning. What is the worlds name is happening?

2836251c6040ded7249e70c6dd08febf.jpg

relexus

So what happened to your anemone? Did it split or was it expelling its guts?

Sad to say he or she died. We think it came in contact with our Palythoa sp. (That was on a small rock on the bottom of the tank) and the anemone bumped in to it while looking for a good spot.
We moved the palythoa sp to higher ground now and bought a new anemone entacmea quadricolor. Hopefully all goes well now.

relexus

40f69d8ef7c4c5e5c2da1332b31c058e.jpg

After our anemone died we bought a new one already attached on a piece of rock. And i found a what i think a little bristle star in it. Not one but three. [emoji6] i think the shop owner didn't knew about that [emoji106]

relexus

Thanks for the advice. For now we have enough in our tank. Still struggling with what i think is dinos. We had the tank dark for 3 days. But it came back [emoji45]

relexus

We have dinos darn. And because we tried to get rid off it the fish got stressed and now covered in white spots. So we tried the garlic method. Djeez that smells.
After a week we went to the lfs and bought some bacteria (that smells even worse in the bottle) we have an unbalance in our tank so the bad bacteria took over and now we put in the good ones and hope they win the battle[emoji13]
Also put in some extra filter material so the bacteria have a place to stay gheghe. Now we leave the tank in peace so that they dinos go away and the fish get rid off their white spots.
Water values are within range so no funny stuff in that department. Ca is a bot low sometimes but that gets a boost every now and then. So far so good except for the dino but that will take some time[emoji106]
Patience patience [emoji13]