OT: Allen's testimonial . . .

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello Mya! Thanks for asking! I got your PM and you're already doing the right things. Hang in there! I'm here if I can help at all. the "book" is usually available at your local library if you're willing to be patient. It's a GREAT read.

bluespotjawfish

I thought murphy was supposed to go away after I paid off my CCs?

My little girl doggie gave me a Thanksgiving present -- a $1600 vet bill!

I guess I wasn't thankful enough?

She's home and doing well - I am thankful for that!

Last edited:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I thought murphy was supposed to go away after I paid off my CCs?

My little girl doggie gave me a Thanksgiving present -- a $1600 vet bill!

I guess I wasn't thankful enough?

She's home and doing well - I am thankful for that!

Yeah THAT sucks! Just imagine how much WORSE it would have been without your "Emergency Fund" to offset a good portion of that. Murphy is always looking for the "Crack in your armor".

:)

bluespotjawfish

Needless to say I have corals for sale! No one is buying corals any more though! I guess Black Friday isn't a day to sell corals. Everyone who has money is out shopping, and those you don't are posting things for sale! lol

And, my medical budget is going to be increased next year ~ if I could only use Flex $$$ for pets I would be set!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
somuchpaint I just replied to your PM! Sorry for it being so long but I just starting typing/talking and the next thing I know I have a "NOVEL" typed. I just went ahead and sent it as-is. If nothing else it should help cure insomnia if someone in your family can't sleep LOL!

Thanks for your PM! It made my morning :)

Basile

Well for me debt started with my depression 2 years ago. I had to stop working and take care of myself, cause nobody will do it for you.I even had death ideals in mind, suicidle that is. I had lots of savings, and started to fix my place, new walls, furniture appliances etc. The depression was cause by my absence of home; i work on ships and i'm gone 7 months per year. In other words the 13 years i've lived in my condo , i spent only 6 years there. So my doctors told me i had to make changes. While being on sick leave for a year i began to do all the things i wanted to do. To my place, with friends, family, and i got an aquarium !! An old dream of mine. I started small to see if i was any good at it. Got my biocube, and realised my dream. I also went on a trip and swam with the dolphins, another dream of mine. It was those things i had never did and wanted for so long that messed me up in the end. After the first year i went back to work but on a trial basis.Partime, with lots of rest between contracts. I didn't work as much as i use too and the bank account can prove it LOL. So i'm in debt of close to
$ 45 000. But for me health is my account. Still got my job, friends, family the usual condo, car,etc. And most of all happyness. I met some great people on this site and love to connect with you guys and learn. I don't see money as a must nor a goal, but as a tool to used and spent. It will take a good 4 years for me to come on top, but i'm still young 46, and everything will be cool at the end. I'll keep you posted in my threads and God bless. :hug1:

Great thread Allen!;)

Basile

Thanks; Going back to work soon, the Doc is happy with my progress and i feel great! Its actually the first time i really talk about it comfortably and it feels good. I think this hobby, and my new cat was good therapy, and i've got the scratch to prove it LOL. :fingerx:

Take care of yourself because nobody will do it for you

john burgess

hi Allen i listen to dave and have been thinking about starting this. i am 1 year in my first home and i still live month to month gatta break the cycle. im doing much better than i was but need to push forward can u give me a kick!

jgking21

I'll give my story. I had been working for a company for 4 years and then I finish school. Didn't know where to go and then a Sales job came open with the company. So I moved to North Carolina, 6 hours from everything I knew. The sales job was commission based so they started me on a draw, a very little draw. After 2 years I was ahead, but the company wasn't doing great. One year later I had over $10K in my draw and the company wasn't looking good at all. I resigned and tried to get my money, no luck! There I was over $10K on credit cards, due to the small draw, and no way to pay it off. Just before the market went south (last year) I was able to get my 401K out and pay alot of debt off. I also was able to pull one more job from the company, on my own and wound up making almost $8K. I've got a great job now, no credit card debt and my g/f just bought a house. We've been living together for awhile now and are just starting to save a little each month. It has taken alot of work and patience, but it has paid off now. Also learned a huge lesson in the whole thing, I'm only 28 and have a long way to go! My advice to others is to keep your head up, work hard and good things will come!

Rhodes19

Allen,

Thanks for responding to my PM and for the information and words of encouragement. I appreciate it.

Chris

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Chris it was MY pleasure. Thanks for taking the time to inquire.

If I can be of ANY assitance please don't hesitate to give me a shout. I'll help in any way I can.

Also keep me posted. I'm anxious to hear what you think after you read the book. I know I couldn't put it down once I got started and have bought several copies and given them as gifts.

Keep in touch and thanks for inquiring.

Allen

Got Reefer

:help1:
Hello Allen
your advise for me on my fish tank was very much appricated.

I do not own any credit cards .
I current only have a house payment and my wifes truck payment.
My mother just recenctly passed away and i was left with a nice amount of $$. She died in April and i recieved my money by mid Jun. about 22K.
now i was going to get more but family came offering "Help" and ended up screwing me in the will.. I could have faught for it but honestly it was hard enough dealing with moms death to even care/worry about greed.
Now i orignally paided off my only loan which was stupidly signed for 24% intrest rate (i was trying to build my credit). that was my only bill registed in my Name. I have had credit issue since i was 18 and it denied me from getting a credit card so i really am only in debt 40K on my house which is a 12 year loan at 7% interst rate 423 a month and i pay 450 every month. and 10K on my wifes truck. now only thing that has been hardest to adjust to and im hoping you advise works the same is for over spending or just trying to keep a float since my mom died.
Basically i bought some stuff. 1600 for loan pay off. 1700 for a wood splitter because i use wood for heating, 4500 for a Jeep Wrangler, about 1000 for my new Fish tank, and countless little 100 dollars here 300 dollars there.
I didnt know the amount of money it would require to transfer over utilitizes and everything else it takes to pay for the house. Ive spent close to 19K since i got my money. I have nice things to show for but im so scared that i could burry myself just trying to maintain living and paying for my home.
I pay childsupport for 2 children plus support for my new wife and 10 month old son.
I would like to know if this system can help me with my spending. since i am bout out of money anyway. I am open for anyone to read your reply back because to be honest i do not have anyone else that is willing to give me advise from a neutral prospective, both of my parents are dead and i will be 26 years old next month

from reading the thread and talking with you i feel you might be able to continue pointing me in the right direction.
I have been told and read many times that help is always out there you just need to be able to trust in opportunitys that present themselfs. now i just have to deside what is safe and what is not.
Thank you in advance
Georg
from
Kentucky

glad your into daves plan!

im 23 years old, my wife and I paid cash for a car a few weeks ago. 2010 madaza 3. worte a check and on we went.:happywalk damn they thought we were nuts!

man did it feel good to know i have the ability to drive a brand new car thats paid in full...

this is all due to simple math. its also they way i do my diet. calories in calories out.

what you make- what you spend= what your left with.

a 8 year old can do that math.....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Dave's plan has made a PROFOUND difference in our lives.

It sounds like you're "killing it" and that's awesome!!

:)