November '07 Photo Contest!

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Don't forget that the camera equipment has a lot to do with the final outcome!

A point and shoot will not give you the same result as a digital SLR.

Besides... no where in the contest rules does it say photo re-touching is not allowed.

Just my...

two_cents_small.jpg

Diana

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "Natural" photo with a digital camera. The color adjustment is either done before the picture is taken (such as adjusting white balance of the camera) or after by adjusting photo colors for a better representation of real life. Both methods change the encoding of the image and achieve the same result - I don't see a difference.

That is true, but those adjustments can also be made on a film camera, or during the developing of film. Its not just for diji cameras. It is utterly impossible to have a photo as natural as our eyes see it (and even then, we may not see it the way it is- it is really a question of our perception of reality!). I digress, that is far too complex a topic to be tackled here! All I was saying is that if this is truely a "photo" contest we should be judging the photo and all aspects of it.

However, I have just noticed on this site, that the photo contests are more for the subject rather than the photo quality. Which is absolutely fine and often makes for a more interesting contest. Its just something I have observed.

Also, Heinz did you think this was directed at you regarding your photo? Or were you reffering to something else? I was a tad confused. :)

All I have to say is that often pictures are far better without all the photoshopping, even if they are not as sharp, or off center, etc. I did not intend for people to get upset about it (are we all a little sensitive about our dark side that just LOVES to photoshop?) ;).

and that is just MY 2 cents! :p

-Diana

Raf

Raf and Diana, beautiful Sargassum angler! I've considered setting up a species tank for one, how long have you guys had that one - what do you feed him?

That one in the pic we had for a bout a year, but unfortunately he past early due to an unfortunate incident :(

We fed him silversides mostly but really, he would eat anything alrge enough to swallow...and they have BIG mouths!!!! :)

You would want to set up a tank taht he can hide and blend in, so depending on the color of angler you get, try and find tank decorations to match. :wave: