November '07 Photo Contest!

framerguy

I think I've added mine here, (but I've thought that before LOL!)
blasto_glowing.JPG

brikeibur

Thanks Michael and Dentoid! :) I think he's pretty cute too. He's not really vicious until we get out the red laser pointer....then he tears it up!! The "Killer Clown" really comes out in him as soon as that dot appears on the back of the tank! LOL!!

Stacy

vdituri

Thanks Vicki and Victor, I try to shoot fairly good pictures.

Fairly good?! You must be joking! You shoot phenomenal shots. I don't know how many you throw out, but the ones you post are amazing.
You should look for an outlet for your photos like national geographic or Jacques Cousteau. Great pictures.

Diana

This contest is turning from 'scariest creature' to 'best photoshopping skills'. Not to say it isnt fun, though! :D

And not to say that the other photo contests were immune to photoshopping either..... :p I just think that all photos should be natural, and not over-sharpened or color enhanced. With a trained eye this can be spotted immediately. Alas, this is not a photography website I guess!

;)
-Diana

hma

Hello Scott.

You must not do pictures like that of the Manti compelling with a Macro objective. Sometimes I use also a Canon EOS400D, a Sigma 150 EX 2,8 APO DG Macro and a Canon RS-60 Remote Control. And sure, sometimes you must lure out the animals from her hiding place, this you have well recognised.

@vdituri
I know Victor, my pictures are not bad. But for national geographic they are simply not good enough. But.... Many thanks for the nice compliment.

@Diana
I have taken my picture from the competition, I think this it was what you wanted Diana!? A lot of success.

Melanie

hma, please put your photo back in the competition. Besides, if I win it will be a hollow victory because the best photographer pulled out! ha ha ha. We all love your shots.

Octoman

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "Natural" photo with a digital camera. The color adjustment is either done before the picture is taken (such as adjusting white balance of the camera) or after by adjusting photo colors for a better representation of real life. Both methods change the encoding of the image and achieve the same result - I don't see a difference.

Just my 2 cents...

Raf and Diana, beautiful Sargassum angler! I've considered setting up a species tank for one, how long have you guys had that one - what do you feed him?

Heinz, I didn't get a chance to see your photo, please put it back up!!!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
@Diana
I have taken my picture from the competition, I think this it was what you wanted Diana!? A lot of success.

Heinz, what led you to believe that Diana was directing her opinion at you? Put your photo back in the competition you big baby!:lol:

As for doctoring the pictures, I think it's alright to a certain extent. No one here is a professional nor is the contest only open to professionals or profess"anal' scrutiny. One of my favorite 21st Century artists is Jerry Uelsmann. A professor of mine from way back. He is a photographer whose concept was not about the individual picture but more about what he could do in the dark room with multiple image printing.

Personally, for this competion, I would have liked to see more photoshopping because of the subject. This subject of this competition had a lot of room for creativity. I think what Stacey did was brilliant.

I would like to see a photo contest where the subject is Best Altered Photo. I'm sure we'd see some creativity out of that.

P.S. To make my photo appear more eerie, I altered it to death!:D

caitrina

Heinz, please put your photo back. I enjoy your photography and it really makes the juding or voting difficult. I love a challenge. Besides if you don't put it back in I will have to vote for my star or mushroom in costume.

Furthermore if anyone really wants to get technical about "photoshopping" pictures...uhhh we all do it...cropping, image sizing, the whole bit, this is a method of photoshopping, no if"s, ands, or buts about it.