No Kudos For the User ZAPCOnj or www.reefpenguins.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaLover

Ok I seen it. I have about a total of 7 different people who have sent me private msg's about never receiving their stuff from Ryan. AKA ZAPCOnj. Most of them this happened before his "niece" situation. Just another warning that we should beware of even if some people do have a good reputation here. Ya never know. I did however order another unit the other night and cant wait for it to arrive!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've got to say yall are VERY well mannered about this situation. That says a LOT about RS and it's family.

Can't wait to hear about the RO/DI you get. :)

SeaLover

Thanks Al. We got class :) lol I am not a mean person either. Got my bucket of tropic marin ready now just need my unit :) It will be here Wed. I even got a tracking # right away. lol

I was really suprised to see this thread. I have bought from Ryan before & never had any problems. Plus he has helped me alot with reef stuff I've had problems with in the past. Very unusual. I was wondering why he suddenly was never on here anymore. I hope everything is ok & EVERYONE's issues are resolved.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Same here Michelle. Heck after I got some stuff from him I even suggested/recommended him to some people. Makes me look like a CHAMP now doesn't it. Grrrrrr

SeaLover

AL its not your fault :) And you always give great advice and recommendations. I too bought my 48 in 2 150 watt halide off of him and no probs reallt except a lil delay on the shipping, but I overlooked that as he "hooked" me up and even sent me all brand new bulbs for it. Stuff happens in life unfortunantly. But the thing to remember is I am def not the only one this has happened to. I have 7 different private msg's from 7 different users he has done this to in my inbox :) I however remain positive and am getting my $ refunded and moving forward from this situation.

yungreefer2410

i like basile ideas about the sticky thread with good and bad and redeemed businesses and people. for now ryans name would be on it

sambrinar

Personally I don't like the stickie idea. I mean people mess up and if you stickie something like that, some people may not read past the bad to see if some one has remedied a situation. Bad word of mouth spreads faster than good and people remember bad things more.

I think individual posts are the best JMO. I mean think about it, what if you messed up one situation, someone posted in the stickie (which stays at the top of the forums), but you remedy the sit. but it doesn't get acknowledged. Or gets acknowledged else where.

I think that is unfair, I'm just saying.

PaulR

I would at least wait until he has a chance to defend himself and make things right. Or until it is obvious he is not going to.

It is important to get all the facts in cases like this, before jumping to a conclusion.

-Paul

lcstorc

That is exactly why the vendor/seller feedback forum was created. People can post either negative or positive experiences about a vendor. In most cases positive feedback is given but occasionally it is not.

Basile

Personally I don't like the stickie idea. I mean people mess up and if you stickie something like that, some people may not read past the bad to see if some one has remedied a situation. Bad word of mouth spreads faster than good and people remember bad things more.

I think individual posts are the best JMO. I mean think about it, what if you messed up one situation, someone posted in the stickie (which stays at the top of the forums), but you remedy the sit. but it doesn't get acknowledged. Or gets acknowledged else where.

I think that is unfair, I'm just saying.

I will agree with that assessment. I proposed that at first, because i think people derserved to be informed and not loose money, for nothing. But that being said i think your right about the impression it could unfairly leave. So strike the stickie ideal.

SeaLover

I feel happy and hopeful about posting this. It took me weeks to come to this decision. I too didnt want to ruin Ryan's reputation. I thought this thru alot and even got opinions from others before I posted. :) This is what also makes Reef Sanctuary so great. :)

OHreefer

I CONCUR. I recently had a HORRIBLE experience with ZAPCOnj. I would recommend that no one purchase from him. I paid for a light fixture and then he would fail to contact me after I notified him that I haven't received it. Apparently, he did something wrong on his end and my fixture didn't ship from the manufacturer. Then I was in contact with another member of the forum and I told him, and then ZAPCOnj replied to him, and not me! After threatening to cancel the order and get a refund and report him as fraud, he finally got back to me. Several days went by and he didn't even contact me. Whatever the story is, he's not fit for a business and this certainly isn't the way to get a business off the ground. Then, what's worse, my light fixture was supposed to have moonlights and it arrived with NO moonlights NOR did it arrive with a manual. I emailed him about the moonlights and haven't heard from him in a couple weeks. He's FRAUD and AVOID HIM. For the few bucks that you save with him, it's not worth the aggrevation. Seriously, do NOT do business with this man unless you want to have a terrible customer experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.