No Kudos For the User ZAPCOnj or www.reefpenguins.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaLover

Ok here is my situation. I want to keep this as civil as possible. I want to warn everyone NOT to buy from the user ZAPCOnj. Its hard to believe but my husband and I got stiffed by this guy. I ordered a 6 stage RO/DI unit from him for a killer price of $80. I used paypal (thank god) to buy it. This was over a month ago. I paid for it right away like he requested and waited paitiently a tracking number that he said he would send to me right away. Well a week went by and I never got a tracking number. I sent several emails and even called him every single day. I also told him in the voice mails I dont even want my $ back just send me my unit. Well I finally caved today and go in touch with paypal and filed a claim. They are in the process of refunding my debit card. Everyone just be leary of this user/vendor. He also has a website which is where the Ro/Di units were listed Reef Penguins Home Page. I bought a 48 inch 2 150 watt halide light from him about 3 months ago with no problem. Although he didnt ship as fast as he said he would and I was always nervous. But the light did come. I am looking out for all of you and I hope you all will use good judgement before you buy from this guy. At any rate I am in horrible need of a Ro/DI unit. My lfs usually provides my water change water but my husband and I are ready to make the next step in this hobby and buy our own unit. Just sucks this happened but I am a big girl and will be ok. :) I even had just bought my own 5 gallon bucket of Tropic Marin Pro Salt. Any suggestions on where to buy a good unit send them my way. $ at this point makes no difference we just want good and honest vendors. Thanks everyone.

sambrinar

I have bought from ZAPCOnj with out incident.. I would recommend him, I have had nothing but excellent experiences

I am sorry you had a problem, but have you tried to contact him any other way? I know he has had several family emergencies... I am not trying to excuse your situation, but, maybe there is a good explination

SeaLover

Yes I have his phone number. I had bought a light and had no problem before. Thing is he told me he sent this ro unit out over a month ago and would send me the tracking number the next day never received either. I have called and left him voice msg's and sent private msg's for over a month now.

novanosis

I doubt emergencies would mean his phone stopped working. I am sorry this happened. I hope he replies soon and send out the unit free of charge.

SeaLover

I agree Nick. I have left tons of msg's saying "I dont want my $ back just please call us back and send the unit out." He sure was quick to tell me there was only 6 of these units and had to send the $ to him right away which I did. Its been over a month. There is def no excuse at this point.

Adam Black

Sorry to hear about your luck. Sometimes it's just to good to be true. Maybe order from a established vendor.

DrHank

I once heard that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. A new 6 stage RO/DI that is any good at all should be twice that price. Google "The filter guys". That should get you headed in the right direction.

SeaLover

Yea I know. But I had got a great light from Zapo for an awesome price an thought maybe I would get hooked up again. Just a crappy situation. Either way I do hope Zapo is ok or his family is. I know the deal went South but if he is having family trouble I hope he is ok. I know stuff happens I just wish he would have called me and its been over a month. I will google them :) Thanks

degibson84

i ordered one from him too and never received. once i asked him aobut it he told me i sent to the wrong email address. bu the email address i sent to had the same first and last name as him and i was out $95 after the shipping costs.

im not sure what is going on but he has always seemed like a great guy on the borads here

Byrd

I to like Jeremy bought one from Ebay as I sell alot of stuff there, hopefully this is not against the rules as I have no dog in the fight but these guys are great;
P U R E W A T E R C L U B
I know you get what you pay for and have read mixed reviews on RO/DI so to be fair I guess do your own reading but the unit I bought was 68.00 delivered and their customer service has been great, just today I stocked up on replacements.
Good luck
here is their Ebay link;
eBay Store - purewaterclub: Filters, RO System Parts, Options

SeaLover

Thanks Sambrinar. Oh god I hope his niece is ok. The ironic part about all of this is though I woke up today and my inbox had a few emails from people who have also been stiffed by Ryan. I will pray for the situation and him anyways. I only took the next steps bc I felt that I had to. It has been over a month and he told me over a month ago he had already sent the unit and would send me the tracking # right away. Never got either. I am a very laid back person and waited as long as I could. I too will try and call him again Sabrinar, but if you have other ways and could try and help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this and shed some light on the situation.

Basile

Thanks for doing this. Appreciate the warnings. He better smarten up or his business will be over.

SeaLover

I just want to tell you guys thank you for taking time to respond to this. i have quite a few emails in my box now saying they have also been stiffed by Ryan. Sad but true. I am just glad it wasnt for any more money than this and pay pal is getting my refund. Reef sanctuary and the ppl in it are the best :)

sambrinar

There has to be something wrong I am afraid... I have texted him, emailed him and called... very unusual for him not to get back to anyone...

Ryan is a very good guy and this is highly unusual!!

Status
Not open for further replies.