New RSM C-Series C-130 & C-250

steveh

Hi All, Reef Builders got most things wrong unfortunately. The skimmers are entirely new design and are both self leveling and have built in silencers. The 250 lighting is not the same as we are using 6 of the German Red Sea Reef Spec tubes and these have not been used with previous models. The filter system is reconfigured, the pumps are not exactly the same in the 250 as in the older version, there is a brand new removable surface skimmer, and a host of other upgrades. Reef Builders haven't seen the new aquariums and I am not sure where they got their information but we have informed them of the errors in their article.
We really thank you all for your interest and can assure you that we shall be posting in depth news of the new Max C systems including an explanation of why we have continued to use T5 lighting, launch dates, pricing, full specs etc shortly. In the meantime a far more accurate independant review of the Max C carried out by digital-reefs (who saw the aquariums last month at a trade show) can be sent to you if you pm redseakev and ask for details.

steveh

Hi all, we will issue a full release of information over the next couple of weeks, including launch dates and pricing.
Regarding the all-new skimmers, while the 130 skimmer will fit all previous models and provides a significant improvement in terms of efficiency, ease of control and noise reduction, unfortunately the C-250 skimmer will not fit the current 250 due to the configuration of the new filter system. We shall be releasing details of a great Max 130 consumer offer shortly in some markets, for anyone who wishes to upgrade to the new skimmer.

Hi all, we will issue a full release of information over the next couple of weeks, including launch dates and pricing.
Regarding the all-new skimmers, while the 130 skimmer will fit all previous models and provides a significant improvement in terms of efficiency, ease of control and noise reduction, unfortunately the C-250 skimmer will not fit the current 250 due to the configuration of the new filter system. We shall be releasing details of a great Max 130 consumer offer shortly in some markets, for anyone who wishes to upgrade to the new skimmer.

Well that is very sad to hear for us older 250 users

reig3

Looking forward to seeing what and how the new skimmer will work in the 130D. If the new skimmer is as much an upgrade as the new pump I want it!<g>

Bob

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Looking forward to seeing what and how the new skimmer will work in the 130D. If the new skimmer is as much an upgrade as the new pump I want it!<g>

Bob

Hi Bob, just don't tell anyone i told you ok, the skimmer upgrade is massive !!!!!!!!

reig3

Hi Kevin,

I received an email from RSM customer service that the skimmer is not compatible.(Not Pinky) My question now is, is it compatible and customer service isnt aware of that yet or no it really isnt or yes it is?<vbg>

Thanks
Bob

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Kevin,

I received an email from RSM customer service that the skimmer is not compatible.(Not Pinky) My question now is, is it compatible and customer service isnt aware of that yet or no it really isnt or yes it is?<vbg>

Thanks
Bob

Hi Bob, the 130/D will except the new upgraded skimmer, however, unfortunately the new skimmer for the Max 250C is NOT retro fit able to the old max 250.

reig3

Hi Kev,

Sweet!! I read about the 250C not being backwards compatible. When will we see some more info and availabilty?

Bob

gforce17

Thanks for the info. Is it OK to discuss individual manufacturers and items on this forum? I know some don't allow that.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Kev,

Sweet!! I read about the 250C not being backwards compatible. When will we see some more info and availabilty?

Bob

Hi Bob, I think it will be early December now before we have any further information, as soon as we have you'll have it

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks for the info. Is it OK to discuss individual manufacturers and items on this forum? I know some don't allow that.

as long as you don't have a financial interest in the company or product, unless you are a RS Sponsor (then you can tout your product), RS member to member help & advise is always allowed, asking questions or offering help suggesting name brand products is fine, from RS members helping members :)

as example, one could ask... should I get a bio-cube or a new Red Sea Max? answer RSM ;) feel free to ask, the mods here are not heavy handed & all the RS members are great & will try to help.

Last edited:

jimv

I have been contemplating upgrading the skimmer on my 130 so I am very interested in seeing this upgrade. How will we be informed of the upgrade offer?

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
I have been contemplating upgrading the skimmer on my 130 so I am very interested in seeing this upgrade. How will we be informed of the upgrade offer?

Hi Jimv, As yet I am not 100% sure what markets will be covered by this, initially I believe it will be complete upgraded aquariums, we will have more information crossing T's and dotting i's early December, Hang on in there.