New Horizons

yungreefer2410

man frankie that sucks but at least your doing it for the right reasons, i always looked forward to updates of this build, i'm sure you'll be back, it just might be on a smaller scale

Basile

All i can say is WOW, and BUMMMER. It must be heart breaking! I just sold my little seahorse & algae biotope and i`m still thinking about it. I can just imagine your feelings. I'm sorry for to see you hand over your hard work just like that. Hope you stay on, for we would loose so much and the site would loose so much if you where leaving the site. Hope you find your balance and make a small tank some day ........:golf:

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks for stopping in everyone.
No, I am not sad to be breaking down my tank. This is not a down time for me. I am looking forward to the break really.
I have been keeping a fish tank of some type for the past 27 years. I am sure I will start up another in the future but for now am thinking of other things like taking road trips with my family.
Oh, and my newest hobby, barbecuing! I went out a few week back and bought a fairley large coal BBQ/smoker and have been working hard on it ever since. Today I am trying a 5lb roast with the rotisserie. :D I will get some picture for y'all.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
...... my newest hobby, barbecuing! I went out a few week back and bought a fairley large coal BBQ/smoker and have been working hard on it ever since. Today I am trying a 5lb roast with the rotisserie. :D I will get some picture for y'all.

Be warned! One of my good friends here at work did the same thing. He now owns 2 "mobile" cookers, several "Awards" and a small business on the side "Cooking" at events (weddings, open house etc).

:)

Rhodes19

Ummm, BBQ :drooool: I have a Big Green Egg and I love it. Ditto on friends with BBQ rigs. He'll be doing BBQ for the Scottish Highland Games at Boon Hall in September. Can't wait. :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have most of the corals and rock gone now. I still need to move the fish and the T.Gigas.
I haven't really tried to push the clam as of yet and am thinking of moving it into the garage frag tank for the time being. I do have two people interested but the one local guy I think will not be able to care for it since he lost two already and the other person I am talking with in PM. Unfortunately he lives in MI and I am not to sure about shipping a 15" T.Gigas that far. It is rather sad to give up after having it for so long and working to keep it thriving. The DT should be down by tomorrow though. I will get a picture of how it looks tomorrow after the remainder of the coral is removed. I ended up giving it all away to a friend. What a score huh? :)
HE refused to just take it and is giving me a grand for it all so he fells better. That works for me. The person is my niegbor Bernard and is member name pcityrot here on RS. He is a bit shy to posting so start sending him PM's of encouragement so you can see his wonderful setup. It is very impressive.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Glad they've gone to a good home Frankie. That's one heck of a SCORE for sure for your neighbor :D

:)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I saw my T.Gigas today! Man it looked good. It is at the China Buffet in the Tangier Outlet here in Charleston SC. They have a 300 gal reef and it is a perfect setup for it.
The owner was so happy to meet me he gave us a free meal after church. Yum :)
Other then that, my neighbor is doing the best he can with the corals he go from me. He lost a few colonies but this pushed him into rethinking his methods and improve his reefing skills. He went to the MACNA in NJ and learned a lot from the seminars.
Me, I am enjoying the quiet in the living room :D
The tank is completely out and the walls are patched and ready for paint.
I took the 60 frag tank I built and set it up in the office with the remainder of my LR and one little yellow tailed damsel (pettie) who I was unable to find a good home for. Other then that I am not to sure where that system will end up going. It is a beautiful rimless shallow system and I am thinking of the future for it. My daughter wants to make it a seahorse/ starfish tank but has shown very little interest in it other then making a suggestion. Personally I am happy with it just the way it is with one little fish and a minor aptasia garden. ;) If I decided I need to do more with it I will start a new thread.
Just wanted to update what I am doing. Have a great Sunday everyone!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks for the update bro! I hope to get down there sometime and see it for myself.

Hey if you need a "storage" place for that system I'm sure I can "make room" for it at our house when we build it next year :)

rgfast

Hi! Frankie happy 4th love that frag tank, I'm now in proscess of doing the resreach on setting up frag system for myself and youv'e got my instest up on the VEOvit system is this something you would use if you intended on selling frags or would it be a bad thing when they left the zeovit to go to new home?

PS if you decide you want to sell the frag tank pm me

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hi! Frankie happy 4th love that frag tank, I'm now in proscess of doing the resreach on setting up frag system for myself and youv'e got my instest up on the VEOvit system is this something you would use if you intended on selling frags or would it be a bad thing when they left the zeovit to go to new home?

PS if you decide you want to sell the frag tank pm me

You can do the ZEOvit system on a frag tank but there is a draw back to selling the corals to non-ZEOvit aqaurium owners. ZEOvit grown corals are LNS corals (low nutrient system) and will darken up over time in a regular aquarium. They won't loose there colors if they buyers aquarium is running right but will darken. So your limiting your cliental.
Actually, most coral dealers that you see online with those wonderful frags for sale are dosing some type of probiotic to the systems there housing the frags in. Most are not on the ZEOvit program with the zeolite reactor but do use the other products to produce vibrant colors. Next is the lighting they use along with photoshopping the pictures. That is what I like the most about ZEOvit aquariums. THere is little to no photoshopping going on. THose are the true colors of the corals your seeing.
I am sorry but I have plans for the frag tank in the near future.
Thank you for the comments! If you decide to try ZEOvit let me know and I will help you get started off.

rgfast

Thanks, not to pick your brain which is what I am doing what are the things that you talk about to get the frags in your frag tank to their best colors an still be able to sell to most any person not using the veovit system? what your also saying it would be great for my show tank but keep it away from my frag system