New Horizons

Your tank looks out standing. How fast do your acros grow? I have the same vibrant colors as you without using the zeovit but I was wondering about if maybe it speeds up the growth.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here you go. these are from today.
001qju.jpg

Frankie I think I'm going to print this picture out LIFE-SIZE and tape it to the front of my tank :D

Looks AMAZING!!

lcstorc

Send her down Frankie. The only problem is that she will want a tank of her own when she gets back.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thank you for all the kind words everyone! It truly makes all the work that much more enjoyable.
Sneakyowner, yes, the corals are getting very nice colors, I am still not where I want to be yet though with them. zeovit will bring the colors out much more as time go's by. I am not so sure about the growth though. I am sure it helps along with having a good Ca Rx running and keeping the parameters as perfect as possible. Meaning as close to natural saltwater levels as possible. It all truly comes down to good husbandry and attention. With zeovit, your paying attention every day 2 times a day no matter what. All the dosing truly gets you more personal with the aquarium then most other methods I have tried.
I would love to see your corals if you care to post a picture :)
Good to see you Varga!
I will talk to her about it Lynn. Maybe we can meet up when I come down there to visit my father in Tamarac.

lcstorc

Tamarac? Did you grow up there by chance? I grew up in Margate which is right next door.
We would love to have you visit but my tank is simply horrible compared to yours.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Tamarac? Did you grow up there by chance? I grew up in Margate which is right next door.
We would love to have you visit but my tank is simply horrible compared to yours.
No, I grew up in NY. My Dad lives there in Fla. after he retired with his girlfriend. Lynn, I am sure your tank is awesome. Mine has issues also just as everyone else, I just hide mine well :D

Frankie

RS STAFF
It is that time!
I have had a ton of fun and learning hands on reefing for the past 9, almost 10 years. I have watched my little girl grow up right along with my hobby but unfortunately my hobby is taking to much time and resources from the two people I cherish most. My wife and child. So I am shutting the system down.
I will be fragging all the colonies and setting them up on plugs in the frag system out in the garage. Once I have good plug growth I will be offering them online for sale until the last one go's. I am figuring this will take the remainder of the summer before they are ready so if you are interested in anything, going through these pages in this thread will give you an idea of what the frags will grow into.
I have no plans for the future but I will still be coming her helping and learning just as always. I just won't have a system any longer.
Doni has agreed to take the clowns so keep an eye out for the availability of some hard to find Amphiprion Akindynos coming from her in the near future. If i ever start another reef these will be a must have again and it is good to know I have a place to buy them. :)
Big Blue my Atlantic Blue Tang is going to be getting donated to Ms. Cam's 500 gallon circular hex tank. (She doesn't know yet ;) )She is a friend of mine and a wonderful reefer. He will have a great life swimming in her tank. She has always admired him and I have no doubt she will take him. The other fish I am not to sure of. Bernard my neighbor will get the Citron Goby and has already taken the light green encrusting monti rock with the maxima and My daughter will get little Petite the yellow tailed damsel. I have yet to find a home for the yellow tang and fire fish.
So ends yet another thread but I feel it is also another that many have followed and learned from. I am happy to be getting out while on top and not because of a tank crash or some such thing as I see happen to many.
Thank you all for all your help over the years. I never would have accomplished so much without all of you. Reef sanctuary has been a blessing and a home and I hope all of you get as much as I have from this wonderful site.
Thank you, your friend, Frank.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wow! I had a "Feeling" about this earlier today bro!

I'd LOVE to get down there and get my hands on some of your frags later on! Keep me posted and if I can help in ANY way please let me know.

Adam Black

No lie, I was just admiring you for staying with your tank so long. I admire you even more for being able to let it go for the right reasons. You do understand that you will probably never be satisfied not having a tank. Well, atleast I'm not. GL.

Ratpack

Sorry to hear this Frankie, but I completely understand. The thought has crossed my mind several times as well. Keep me posted as to when frags are ready, there are some that I wouldn't mind having.

mps9506

:( It was a pleasure watching your reef tank progress over the years and your adoption of new reefing methods was/is very important to this board.

Rhodes19

Wow! Frankie, I had no idea. You were so enthusiastic when you showed me your system. And thank you again for doing that for me. I learned a lot. For what it is worth, I was faced with a similar choice (different hobby) so I can completely understand what you are going through. You are making the right choice. You can always come back to this hobby, but can't make up for the missed time with the family. If I can help with anything or if you need a strong back (weak mind) to move things, let me know.

Chris

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks for stopping in everyone. I am shocked to already have a buyer for the T.Gigas! I hope it works out. He seems pretty knowledgeable but I will pick his brain some more on Saturday when he comes over. I am not willing to sell my clam to just anyone.
Chris, if you are looking for MH lighting for your new tank build I will give you a great deal on mine. If there is anything you need for that build let me know and I will work with you. I was not planing on selling off equipment but better to someone I know then gathering dust on the shelf. Give me a call~

PEMfish

Wow, I thought something might happen when the clam went up for sale.
Glad you'll still be around.

Willie McDaries

frankie,sorry to see that beauty of a tank go,but I understand completely....I've gave up all my other hobbies for just this,for the same reason,you'll never be able to replace lost time with your family,and like someone else said,you can always come back to reefing,....glad to know you'll still be around for us to learn from,thank you for all you have contributed to reefing

lcstorc

I'll miss your tank Frankie, but I know you will still be around to give a hand.
Tell Lee I said hi. She is a very special girl and I totally admire you for giving up something you love to spend time with the people you love.

hma

:bugout: oooooohhhhh, REALLY Frankie?

..... honestly, I do not understand it really Frankie but I will miss this thread. :coffee2: