new fishy friends

phantom2991

So a friend of mine out here just had to give up her saltwater tank and i inherited her fish. she gave me a coral beauty angel, a african firefish, 2 yellowtail damsels and a sixline wrasse.

i already had 2 true perculla clowns, a scooter blenny, foxface, and a royal gramma in a 100 gal tank.

is this too many fish for my set up? or will everyone be fine?

chelseagrin

you could easily fit a few more fish in there if you wanted to. in other words, your no where near overstocked.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ur doing great Candace. R u interested in tangs? There's some real pretty tangs. Algae blennys r sheer clowns.

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

phantom2991

i have been looking at tangs. i just havent run across one out here in the fish stores that are available to me. the only one petco had was a blue hippo tang that had ich and aquarium oddysea had 2 yellow tangs that i didnt really care for. they did have a sailfin tang that i have been admiring though.

TylerHaworth

I would say you're getting close to full with a 100 gallon tank with ten fish. I think a final larger fish such as a Tang would be a great way to finish it off.

dmatt88

Sailfins get real big. What r u doing about qt

phantom2991

i have a tank at work that he keeps empty for me and those purposes. all my new ones are in there right now awaiting their introduction to there new home. it is a major bonus having a job at a pet store!!

Mandarin91

Since your not fond of the Yellow tang, these are great options. Kole Tang, Tomini Bristletooth, Spotted Bristletooth, Two Spot Bristletooth, and one of the better looking ones in my own opinion is the Mimic Half Black. If you want to see each, you can go to liveaquaria and look them up there.

dmatt88

+1 on liveaquaria.

jpsika08

Always take into account the 5 gallon per inch rule, I always do this, but take its max size for future precaution.

I always check at Liveaquaria.com each fish to see its max size, then sum it up and see what % you're in.

Good luck.

phantom2991

i havent seen the firefish since he was released. hopefully he is just hiding out. looked around the outside of tank and in filters and stuff to make sure he wasnt a casualty but no sign of him.

dmatt88

Fingers crossed Candace.