**Neptune AquaController**

Almondsaz

It depends on the package deal. Make sure a DC8, temp probe and a PH probe come with the unit. You can buy another DC8 later if you need to.

That is great advice. I purchased the controller, temp, ph probe, DC8 together and then found a DC8 for $159.00 (new version). I love having the PH Probe. I just ordered the PC Serial hookup and the moon lights so I will let you all know how those work out.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Ahhh.. do report back on the moon lights! I currently have 1 blue LED (PFO) that works great but I would like to have the 'dimable feature'.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It depends on the package deal. Make sure a DC8, temp probe and a PH probe come with the unit. You can buy another DC8 later if you need to.

It's on it's way now. I got an AC Jr (w/serial port), Temp Probe, DC8,PH Probe and 10 each of some kind of testing fluids for $304 including S/h. According to UPSdotCOM it left the facility within a couple of hours of my order yesterday and is scheduled to arrive here to My office tomorrow! It's time for my HAPPY DANCE!! :whstlr: :whstlr: :whstlr:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It should be here TODAY now! It's on the truck for delivery to me here in the office today. UPS runs here approximately 1-3pm so I'm patiently watching the clock... :LOL:

Yeah it's entirely possible I'll have to run out to a "job-site" around 3:00pm today :)

Allen

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Mr. UPS dropped it off about 2 hours ago here to My office... believe it or not I've not even opened the box up yet. I am forcing myself to wait till I get home so I can start hooking things up!!

Allen :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:LOL: I just cracked up here in My office when I read that one!

Thanks for the laugh!!

Allen :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
hehe.. I'll play all three movies and serve heineken beer with steaks if you come help me set up my new reef Wed night/Thursday :D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's tempting.. dang if you weren't SO far away... if I could figure how to get WORK to pay Me for being off I'd already be there with My own beer *S*

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think it's going GREAT!! I used the "FEED" command for the first time.. I really like it.. but I can't get the Serial to USB cable think to work right.. now yet anyway

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I simply pushed the DOWN arrow while the main display was on it's NORMAL state (showing time, temp etc) and it said "Feed D" and I scrolled down to "Feed A" and it started counting down and turn the pumps off

Woodstock

RS STAFF
There are different "feed modes"; each labeled with a different letter. If you press the 'down' button once you will get "feed mode A", twice for "feed mode B", etc. This is nice because you can set each feed mode for a different amount of seconds things remain off. I currently have two settings; A = 900 seconds (15 min) and B = 1500 seconds (25 min). The first is for feeding, the second is for water changes.

NOte that the programming should be entered for all cycles you create. For example, if you want both return pump and skimmer to stop during feed modes type:
(Where RTN = return pump, SKM = skimmer)
If Feeda = 0000 then RTN OFF
If Feeda = 0000 Then SKM OFF

Then you would want to retype those commands for everyother feedmode you use:
IF Feedb = 0000 Then RTN OFF
If Feedb = 0000 Then SKM OFF

etc, etc...