**Neptune AquaController**

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I wanted to start a thread for those of you with Neptune Aquacontrollers... AC Jr, AC III, and AC III Pro.

Any questions, comments, suggestions or programming tips can be posted here!!

I just started setting my AC 3 last night... it was a slow start but I got the hang of it and hopefully will be using it 100% tonight!

olivert00

As soon as you have it all figured out... I am up for one.
Any extras I need to purchase when ordering?
This will be my first so I will be asking away!
Debbie

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Products

Depending on how many outlets you need, you'll want to get a few DC8's, a PH probe (unless you ahve one already), maybe an ORP probe, and maybe the upgrade software Aquanotes 3.3. There is free software that may be all you want...

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Aquanotes Vs. Aquanotes Lite

AquaNotes

Aquanotes = $74.95
Aquanotes Lite = FREE

aquanotes.jpg

olivert00

Thank you!
I will save up for the software upgrade, it looks like something I will wish I had...do not own any probes yet so I will be saving up even more.
Let me know how it is working for you, after setup
My Phosban Reactor is on it's way, it has made it from CA to somewhere in IL.
I also have a Calcium Reactor w/C0 2 tank on hold at one of my LFS, I am hoping to have everything run on the AC III Pro, my calcium has been up and down so I am hoping CR will help maintain it.
Deb

Woodstock

RS STAFF
This controller will operate float valves and co2 controlling... just about everything....

Dragon Wrasse

I have them on two of my tanks.....a seperate tower or laptop to view the charts and modify the program comes in handy.....my SPS is totally auto thanks to my AC.......

Woodstock

RS STAFF
The programming is much easier with a laptop! I am calibrating my two PH probes right now....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:bump: How about an update? I'm researching this topic now and would LOVE some more input!!

Allen :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I am REALLY enjoying my AC III. I have two DC8's and one DC2 (socket expansion) that are controlling everything on my 120. I love it~

Several things I am considering purchasing are 1) LUNARSIM-- Control Modules --controller that will dim/brighten LED's to simulate the moon phases year round, and 2) IO Breakout box-- Probes ; 3) Aquanotes3- AquaNotes

If anyone has any of the above, please chime in on them! :)

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I love my AC III as well.:) My tank is almost completely automated by the AC. I felt secure in leaving town with the AC handling my tank. All the sitter had to do was feed and make sure everything was running. I know it'll do a lot more than what I have it set up for though. It's a worthy piece of equipment!:thumbup:

KMP

factor in how much you pay for timers, power strips, thermometers - you may as well buy an aquacontroller. the jr is just a skip away from all those expenses, and the aqIII is more of an investment. but what you get is a fully automated fish tank. as mentioned above, you just need to feed.

i have a jr on my work tank and it's nice to know when i'm not around if it gets to hot, the lights and additional pump will shut off at designated temps so the tank can cool down. i've ordered another jr for the home tank.

jg2269jg

make sure if you are going to put out the money for the AC buy the DC boxes the X10 boxes are garbage. I have the AC 2 and with a calcium reactor i find it better to run with a extra ph controller for the cr becasue then you can still keep the ph with the AC on the display. There is a point in that rambolling

twoclowns

what would be the best add on to use to plug my dual 400w hamilton mag ballast into I was thinking the expansion sockets, because it seems everything else that they offer is only rated for 500 watts total. Any advice would be great, thanks Keith

KMP

on the x10s - i have them on my work tank. initially the day lights would go out and w/in a minute come back on. went to the website to trouble shoot - there is directions on there telling you how to dismantle the x10 module and cut a connection inside. that worked.

aside from that i have a question: everything is working as it should. lights come on and off at scheduled times. and the lights/alternate pump goes off at the scheduled high temp. however, tonight was the first time i was in the office when the actinics went off. i noticed that every 30 seconds there was a quick flash from the actinics - have no idea why (perhaps i have to cut the connector in the x10 box that's hooked too). has anyone had this problem; if so, what did you do to fix it? thanks.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I'm no help since I use the direct connect plug ins. Let us know if you figure out the problem.

KMP

from another thread it looks like i may have to cut another connection w/in the x10 box. will let you know when i do - if that works.

Almondsaz

I just purchased the new Aquacontroller Jr and really like it. As a newbie it was simple to program and I like the fact that I have constant monitoring of the temp and ph. Also, I now can individually control the actinics and daylights as well as moon lights and tank heater. The support from Neptune Systems has been great so far. I have a fault with my output 8 but they have issued an RMA and will check it out. Will probably buy another DC8; can't believe all the electrical to run your tank. Bottom line is that I am really well pleased with what it does for me. Not sure being so new I would have used all the features of the more advanced systems...maybe next purchase. When you check online there are some great package deals which makes it worth the time to check in to.