Neck's Red Sea 130 Refurb

neck27

Received the new Aquaticlife 115 from the manufacture and already have it up for sale. :) I picked up a Tunze 9001 which seems to be really popular. Should get it today and it will install onto my Intank basket. I'll need to move my reactor hoses over. And the Marine pure block. I think I'm going to restock my CUC first then start restocking fish. Still trying to figure out how to minimize the mess of my ATO switches. I an't get the acrylic rod to hold in the Vertex holder. Trying to figure out a easy way to thicken the rod. Or replace the screw in the probe holder.

neck27

I think I got it last night. Swing by? That's a drive for you. I'm out near gateway airport. Be cool tho if you stopped by at some point and made suggestions.
I ended up building the area up with tape. Seems to work. I also got the Tunze 9001 installed. My impressions of it. It's German made and seems to have some engineering in it but man everything falls apart on it. Doesn't break just seems to fall apart to easy. Every time I moved it the magnet mount to the skimmer broke loose. Also the motor fell out of the bottom. I should of went with the HOB. Oh well.

New issue. My Little Fishes 150 reactor doesn't seem to be tumbling well anymore. I have a Cobalt 600 attached to it. (Recommended) But I'm betting it was the wrong recommendation for Bio pellets. I may throw a 1200 on it. Just started making my own GFO and Carbon bags last night. No more Chemipure expensive bags. Once everything stabilizes I'm adding a little more lights. 1 stunner and one combo will replace a weird RGB setup. This will hold me over until I can put enough money together for the Rapid LED upgrade.

Realize I still have a lot of broken old sponge material in the bottom of my sump. Every time I stir things up back there the return blows it into the tank.

This weekend I pull the return pump. Clean it and evaluate a backup. Next payday I order my Jabeo rw8 and start restocking fish.
  • 2 clowns
  • Lawn mower Blennie (My wife love these.)
Take pictures. I'm horrible at tracking things via pictures.

neck27

Changed out my biopellet reactor from a MJ600 to MJ1200 and the tumble rate is much better. The new Tunze scrapper is amazing at cleaning the glass. I really need to add some more snails to my clean up crew for this but nervous about putting anything new into the tank until I do another carbon swap. Maybe this weekend.

Keno

Sorry for not replying sooner. For some reason I haven't received email updates.
Yes the reef octopus space saver 110 fits just fine in the fuge. It does an awesome job.
I've added a couple of Mocha Clownfish and a Chalk Bass.
I've also added a bunch of new corals.

What updates do you have ?

neck27

Fun night. I started restocking. Adding two clowns and a Royal Grama. Also some interesting news. 6 Trochus snails. I really only wanted 4 but I always seem to lose a few but what do you know they all survived. My return pump died tonight and I'm running a MJ1200 until my new pump comes in. I'm trying a Sicce Syncra 1.5 that seems to be close to the old Red Sea which has been discontinued. I contacted Red Sea for the heck of it. See if they will replace it. Started to see some hair algae so I decided to change my GFO and carbon that I'm buying in bulk now. I removed the reactor for now since I seem to have a flow issue with it. Not sure why but my MJ1200 isn't tumbing the phosban very much.

My Halloween urchin decide to wear a dead blue legged hermit. Pretty sad they are my favorite hermits. I have to standard large hermits that harass everything and I'm betting they killed it.

Starting to cool down at night. Time to put the heater back in the tank.