My slow 135g build

Varga

Dude....sorry you had to take everyone out.....starting to bring back some memories here......

your fish are not immune to ich???!!!

JoJo

just an update, i'm not sure if the tang actually had ich because its completely cleared of white spots now.

JoJo

update:

the fish were added back to the DT but a day or so later i saw the hippo sitting on the veggie clip for atleast an hour so i netted him and put him in the 55g QT. this morning i woke up and found him at the bottom of the QT motionless. the qt was a FW planted 55g with horse manure and soil as subtrate but i scrubbed the tank with vinegar and water real good so i dont think it had anything to do with it.

on a happier note heres a FTS with the new scaping, it allows for more caves and hiding places

FTS5.jpg

please excuse the mess but here's the new 55g QT and the 18g fuge sitting on top of it waiting to be installed.

QT2.jpg

framerguy

I don't think the tank had anything to do with it either. Palette tangs are notorious for contracting ick and seem rather delicate. Don't give up hope, try another one later once the tank has matured a bit. They are great fish once a constant source of algae is established.

cracker

please excuse the mess but here's the new 55g QT and the 18g fuge sitting on top of it waiting to be installed.

QT2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That room looks a lot like mine!

JoJo

Thanks Nikki and Al, i appreciate the loce.

Greg, thats what i plan on doing. honestly, i need to learn alot more before adding anymore life in my system. so i'll be doing alot of reading and question asking for a while. i would like another but the time and conditions have to be right.

Hey Varga, it seemed to beat the ich but could not deal with the stess of being moved the last time.

Brian, it must be a Florida thing. we're planning on painting and decorating the room soon because i have to share it with the dogs and i want it to be as pleasant as possible for them.

Frankie

RS STAFF
i forgot about this stuff growint on a LR i got about 3 weeks ago for the lfs. i have no idea what it is

3.jpg

heres John Deere hard at work

blenny1.jpg

and a FTS, dogs shot free of charge. LOL

FTSac.jpg
Sorry to be so long posting JoJo, The wall looks awesome dude! scaping looks great also. Sorry your having issues but it comes with the territory. Hang in there buddy, your doing an awesome job!

hma

when you did the FW dip,,,,did you adjust pH aswell?

... and which water you have used? Normal drinking water or osmosis water?

... and already once about that thought? Every catch of a presumably ill fish, means extreme stress for the fish ? More fish die of these catch actions and their results than in supposed illnesses.

framerguy

My thought are on the same lines as Heinz, I hate to say it but I think the back and forth from tank to tank took it's toll. That's not an admonition, it's an observation. It's really difficult to know what to do for a sick fish and I am certainly no expert because I haven't had to deal with it much thankfully but I feel that lot's of people (including me) try to deal with things that will work themselves out if left alone. You are much smarter in this area now than I am JoJo and will know what to do next time. I'm sorry you lost a fish in the lesson though, but everytime we have a set back we move foreward. Congratulations.

JoJo

Wit- i didnt even do a FW dip because after reading and observing the fish it didnt seem like ich because the spots disappeared within days without any treatment.

Thanks Frankie, i'm hoping all i've gone through so far is making me stronger and smarter. i dont plan on repeating any of my mistakes.

Heinz-i only use water from my RO system but i did check my TDS meter today and the outgoing water is 40ppm, so now i'm wondering if that was the cause.

Greg everything you said is very true. thanks for all your support