My RSM journey

Bigjacko

Well......it's a sad moment but.....after a convesation with my Wife about a bigger tank, my RSM 250 will be closed down and replaced next week.

I have learned much through using the RSM and have enjoyed every minute ( except the hood flooding issue).

I will still be around asking you guys stupid and inane questions.....it just won't be with my RSM:waa:

Bigjacko

Replacing it with a 4x2x2 with sump.

almost doubling my water capacity.

Going to run a mixture of HM and T5 along with the aquarays.

The tank has been running since the end of July last year.

I will miss it.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Bigjacko - sorry to see another RSM taken down. I'm not sure if we've seen an upgrade from a 250 to a bigger tank before, but good luck on your new and bigger piece of the ocean! You'd better let us see the new tank when you get it going, or give us a link to wherever you set up a new tank thread! Sounds nice!

Nowellsy SNR

Bigjacko - sorry to see another RSM taken down. I'm not sure if we've seen an upgrade from a 250 to a bigger tank before, but good luck on your new and bigger piece of the ocean! You'd better let us see the new tank when you get it going, or give us a link to wherever you set up a new tank thread! Sounds nice!
Seems like a few RSM Tanks are going of late cnfzd:

tnwillia

A tank is a tank, your welcome here and I for one want to follow along to continue learning all I can. You are right the 250 is a great learning tank! Good luck!

Bigjacko

Thanks guys and trust me, I will set up a link to the new tank.

The RSM has been a fantastic tank to get back into reef keeping with.

It has it's faults but they are all surmountable.

I love the simple clean look of the tank.....but yearn more space:yup:

I don't think the Wife has realised just how big the new tank is yet:cool:

Max250

Oh that's a bummer. Sad to see you go Bigjacko. So that's you, tom and regal (all scottish), all moving on to bigger tanks. Not even had the RSM250 a year! I'm stuck with mine.

Good luck with your new tank!

Dweezil

Congratulations on the new tank! I too would like to follow your new tank, so please keep us updated.

All the best.