My not so new 130D

I just installed the ato. Looks like it is working properly. I had to mount the hose on the wall of the sump because it keep going into the water and I would get a back siphon.

They other night one of my blue chromis came out from the rock work and it looked like he had black marks on his body. It almost looked like he got beat up. The next day when the lights came on he looked fine so I thought maybe it was some shadows or something. The two chromis spend most of there time in the rocks at night so I did not seem him again in till now. Again it looked like he had black marks on his body. He looked completely fine today no discoloration. Any idea what it could be if anything?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
No idea on the black marks on the Chromis. Is it only at night or early morning? Maybe it's a night time color change?

Dweezil

Chromis ~ Change color at night after lights out. When I first got mine I just about freaked out because I thought they were dying. LOL Always back to normal when light on though ;)

Hey Terry. I was actually in a car accident so I have been out of commission so to speak since the end of May. At least my tank has fared well even with my sister "caring" for it lol. I do have a lot of green hair algae.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sorry to hear about the accident. :( Best wishes for a speedy 100% recovery. Good to hear your sister has been helping out.

Thanks been doing much better lately. I have finally be able to do some maintenance on my tank. I noticed small brown things on my toadstool. When I took them off there where little holes underneath them. I thought it must be some type of parasite so I took them all off. Then I see the same things are back. It almost looks like the are coming out the coral. Here are some pics of the holes after I cleaned the tank. The stuff that I sometimes see in the hole almost looks like brown algae. Any ideas guys?

sort007.jpg

sort006.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
No idea on that stuff JJ. It looks like they're in the same spots where a polyp would emerge. Some corals defecate stuff, but I'm not sure about leathers. Are they always in the same places?