My New Profilux 3.1NEX

steved13

PREMIUM
I'll get some more pics po the install up soon, here's a pic of the controller in the cabinet.

DSC_0013-9.jpg

Well, in typical fashion I didn't hold back.
Got the ultimate with an additional power bar. I am probably going to switch the top off duties to the profi since my Tunze is acting weird. I will get it back in working order and use it in my daughters tank or as a backup.

steved13

PREMIUM
Well, in typical fashion I didn't hold back.
Got the ultimate with an additional power bar. I am probably going to switch the top off duties to the profi since my Tunze is acting weird. I will get it back in working order and use it in my daughters tank or as a backup.

Nice!! I just ordered the Redox and Conductance probes and the Touch..I should have just done the ultimate from the beginning :)

If you have any questions let me know.

Yeah, the difference between the mega and the ultimate after the upgrades I wanted was 30 dollars... no brainer.

Sent from my neural implant with Tapatalk 10

steved13

PREMIUM
I received the Redox and Conductivity probes, they're connected but not properly calibrated yet. I should get the Cali fluids within the next week and then they will be accurate. I fudged the calibration so they would register and I got them into the signature generator, but they won't be accurate for a few days.

I also got the touch display, which is pretty cool. You can do anything from the touch that you can do from the unit itself, but it adds a keypad which makes input a little easier and faster. The touch also gives you a screen to do many functions, Feed pause, maintenance, thunderstorms, and other functions if you have them set up, with just 1 touch. Mostly I like having the touch screen on my desk so I can see what's going on at a glance.

There are a couple of other items I am considering. The Breeze fan, it has a variable speed, which when connected will speed up with temperature rise. If the tank is only slightly warm it turns on very low, and if the temp continues to rise it speeds up to add additional cooling. I use a fan now which is just on or off, and it seems to keep the chiller from turning on more frequently. I'm also considering a Simu-L stick (or 2) they add LEDs Red for sunrise/sunset effect and blue for moonlight, as well as white for lightning during thunderstorms. I have the White and blue in my AI sols now, but the thunderstorm mode is not that great IMO, and I'm thinking the dedicated moonlight would allow the Sols to turn off completely. I only use the lightning very occasionally to check it out once in awhile, but it would be nice if it were a better effect.

steved13

PREMIUM
I received The Profilux Touch display. It's a nice unit, giving the best display for the Profilux. The display on the main unit is smaller and more difficult to use, and the PC interface seems more suited for programming but not really for viewing. The Touch can be used to activate different modes and for programming as well. The Touch has a good size display and with a long enough cable can be used remotely. A wireless adapter of some sort would really finish off the Touch.

Here are a couple of pics of the display, it scrolls through these 2 screens for the info:

DSC_0006-5.jpg

DSC_0008-6.jpg

Here are a couple of pics to give you an idea of how it sits on my desk for easy access, It's on an optional mount.:

DSC_0009-4.jpg

DSC_0004-9.jpg

steved13

PREMIUM
I mounted and connected the Breeze unit I ordered. It's a fan unit which is temperature controlled. The unit varies the speed of the fans based on the temp, the higher the temp the faster they turn. The unit comes with a mounting system to mount it to a glass panel of a tank. Since my tank is framde and the mounts wouldn't work the way it's designed, and since the fans are not waterproof, I modified the mount to hang it from my canopy. This was pretty easy and having it elevated should keep it dryer and cleaner.

This shows it hanging from the canopy:
DSC_0003-9.jpg

Here you can see the mounts. They are made to grab from oposite directions, so I just turned 1 around on each end so they face the same way, and drilled a hole in 1 mount on each ened, for a screw.
DSC_0002-11.jpg

Here is a pic from inside the canopy. The GHL logos would be upside down, so I took the screens off and reversed them so they are right side up when mounted from the top.
DSC_0001-7.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Great work Steve. You have a keen eye for detail and organization buddy. We may need to hire you as our GHL media/marketing guy :)

Next time I'm in Florida I gotta get a tour and I'm taking you out to eat some place nice. :)

Reggie once you get the idea it's not difficult for the 'basic' stuff. Those things are more or less all drop-down menu driven which really simplifies the process. Now when you get into the custom aspect ( called programmable logic) I'm still clueless lol.

sent from Outer Space via Droid Razr Maxx

steved13

PREMIUM
+1 It's not too difficult, most of it can be "walked through" pretty easily. But to be totally honest somethings are a little quirky.

catran

Wow, I wanted to use the Breeze on my sump. Since its rimless, I'm going to have a difficult time trying to figure out a mounting mod. I'm glad you showed pics. I'd be pretty unhappy being surprised by those mounts!

I love reefers...

steved13

PREMIUM
Wow, I wanted to use the Breeze on my sump. Since its rimless, I'm going to have a difficult time trying to figure out a mounting mod. I'm glad you showed pics. I'd be pretty unhappy being surprised by those mounts!

I love reefers...

If the sump is rimless, the supplied mounts should work perfectly?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think you're right Steve. It's the "Canopy Mount" like your set-up where you would need to get creative.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Any of u more saavy folks know how to kill the alarm flashing light without involving the wires laptop?

..........rarely am I speechless

steved13

PREMIUM
I don't use the alarms, but I think it's the center "enter" button, then scroll to system, then scroll to alarm and you should see it there to turn it off.

steved13

PREMIUM
Center "enter" button, down arrow 4 times to "sensor settings" "enter" scroll to whichever sensor, if you don't know which one it is just try each one, it's pretty easy, press "enter" at the sensor, scroll to alarm, press "enter" and alarm active "no" "enter" "save now" "yes.

Let me know if that works.