My New Profilux 3.1NEX

steved13

PREMIUM
That's why I posted above...without having a Profilux yourself, you'd have no way of even guessing to reset the files.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That's why I posted above...without having a Profilux yourself, you'd have no way of even guessing to reset the files.

Heck I've got one, had it for years and STILL didn't know to do that LOL!

Steve you're a HUGE asset to the ProfiLux gang! Glad to have you on board :)

steved13

PREMIUM
Heck I've got one, had it for years and STILL didn't know to do that LOL!

Steve you're a HUGE asset to the ProfiLux gang! Glad to have you on board :)

Yeah yeah I've been told that by better men than yo.....Oh asset...never mind

btompkin

Thanks for sharing your experience please keep it up.
Just ordered my proflux and am waiting for it to arrive, bookmarking this string.....going to need all the help I can get!

steved13

PREMIUM
I installed the float switches to the Profilux. Same configuration I had with the Apex. I use 2 switches 1 for low water in the sump, which turns off the return pumps, and UV, and 1 for high water which turns off the Skimmer so it doesn't overflow.

The switch holder is very ingenious, all plastic/acrylic and fully adjustable yet secure once you tighten it up.

pa12.png

The pic shows it with 1 float and 1 optical. I went with 2 floaters. The optical looks like a great way to go, but I chose to save a few bucks and go with the floaters.

The only issue I had was the Profilux uses 1 socket for 2 switches and you use a splitter. The socket is labelled 1&2, yet in part of the programming I had to use 3, seemed strange, but I'm sure there is some reason for it.

If you're installing something like this, I had to use "control circuit" 3 and 2 for the rest of the settings.

If you were doing an ATO, you can select that and the software seems like it sets it up with a few clicks.

At this point everything I was doing with the Apex is now being done with the Profilux. I am really enjoying this controller. I will probably be adding some stuff to it, the touch display looks very cool, and I will probably add the salinty and redox probes (the cards are already installed in the 3.1NEX) and I'd like to add another power bar, and possibly the breeze fan. I'll update here as I add to it or if something noteworthy comes up.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Great work Steve.

I'm not sure how the "logic" on their ports work because in some instances you'll have to use 1 & 3 then 2 & 4. I'm sure it makes sense to someone just now me LOL!

I'm thrilled you got the level control set up. You're rocking the ProfiLux that's for sure!! I'm digging the "Tank Stats" and I hope they come up with something for your Vortec status!! You'll have to teach me how to do that some day :)

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I went with 2 optical and the splitter config is certainly interesting.

...........mmmmmmm clams.

steved13

PREMIUM
Great work Steve.

I'm not sure how the "logic" on their ports work because in some instances you'll have to use 1 & 3 then 2 & 4. I'm sure it makes sense to someone just now me LOL!

I'm thrilled you got the level control set up. You're rocking the ProfiLux that's for sure!! I'm digging the "Tank Stats" and I hope they come up with something for your Vortec status!! You'll have to teach me how to do that some day :)

That's exactly what I was thinking on the ports.

The way it gets the stats is from a file that I had to install onto the profilux, either the file needs to be modified or it can't "grab" the data from the vortech module. The file was written by Mathias at GHL so we'll see if he responds that it can be modified. I posted it on the main forum, as I didn't know if he looked at the north America forum. The thread about it has been dead for almost a year now so I would understand if it's not a high priority.

It'll be some work but we can get the stats in your sig. If you want to get an idea of what's involved check it out at Welcome to Reefchat.org then extras/signature generator.signature generator help. You probably already have a static ip setup which was the most time consuming for me. If you want to try it, let me know...there are a few tips to save you a lot of time.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
You da man Steve!! I may do that when I get a few minutes. My "Day" job is slammed at the moment due to a huge Data Base "whoops" on my part. I had to spend the last 2 weeks recreating something that hadn't been backed up in... oh ....14 weeks! YIKES! Lesson learned!!

Sorry to get off topic on ya LOL!

Matthias is swamped with now with the new Mitras launch (units are in production now and the software is "hopefully" being finalized very soon. Then hopefully they can finish the "Remote Access" project and roll that out to us. Matthias is pretty good about checking for new threads but occasionally one will get over looked. If I see that happen I'll drop him an email and see if he can at least look into it for us.

I would LOVE to get my signature working and will delve into that very soon. I'm anxious to watch your "controls" expand!! Sounds like you're having a MUCH better day off than your last one all thanks to that one "ProfiLux" file LOL!

doggydoc

Wait until I get that puppy home and I take pics of the whole set up!!!!
I was told that equipment was en route arriving here monday. CAN'T WAIT

steved13

PREMIUM
I setup the Profilux on wireless. I was putting this off as I thought it was going to be an ordeal. I plugged the Profilux into the game adapter and powered it up and it was done. LOL

I guess once it was set up with the Apex it was all done for the Profilux.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
steved13 said:
I setup the Profilux on wireless. I was putting this off as I thought it was going to be an ordeal. I plugged the Profilux into the game adapter and powered it up and it was done. LOL

I guess once it was set up with the Apex it was all done for the Profilux.

A bridge is a bridge. It *shouldn't* care what its plugged into.

Congrats, Steve... Now all you have to do is set it up to open and close the garage, cook dinner, and walk the dog... :D

....Moving On, Moving On....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Way to go Steve. That's exactly why I always tell people to get it workung hardwired and then go wireless.

It's funny because I've actually seen where one guy (AD) used a ProfiLux to control his Christmas tree lol.

sent from Outer Space via Droid Razr Maxx

steved13

PREMIUM
A bridge is a bridge. It *shouldn't* care what its plugged into.

Congrats, Steve... Now all you have to do is set it up to open and close the garage, cook dinner, and walk the dog... :D

....Moving On, Moving On....

Yeah, I knew the computer guys wouldn't be surprised :)

Way to go Steve. That's exactly why I always tell people to get it workung hardwired and then go wireless.

It's funny because I've actually seen where one guy (AD) used a ProfiLux to control his Christmas tree lol.

sent from Outer Space via Droid Razr Maxx

Definitely smart to do it all wired and then go wireless. A Christmas tree would be pretty easy.