My new Cube !!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx guys :)

I'm surprised it doen't cover the entire tank. Looks like it would have.

Yes that's what I thought Gina :doh:

Did your cube come RR or did you attach an overflow box?

The Cube was RR but in retrospect I should've had the overflow externally, it just takes up too much room, but oh well.

Also, I have no idea what PM (how you lost your clams) is?

Pinched Mantle is some type of protozoan infection that has been affecting Tridacnas for the last couple of years, appears to be happening in the wholesalers holding tanks, I know Barry from Clams Direct was trying to have this problem corrected about a year ago but the problem persists I've lost 6 clams to it.

Gina

RS STAFF
I would assume that they are working with different types of medications to try and determine what would work best to try and correct the problem?

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx for the kind comments:)

I would assume that they are working with different types of medications to try and determine what would work best to try and correct the problem?

I heard that Barry was trying to have them empty and bleach their holding tanks don't know if he was successful. The last time I visited my favorite LFS the aquacultered clams that I believe he gets from ORA continued to show signs of PM.

Thanx Tarasco good to hear from ya, how's your new tank going ?

Did you make your canopy?

No Rodger unfortunately I'm not talented in the woodworking dept. lol
The company that made my tank also has a dept that builds tanks/stands. I lost alot of the earlier photos but here's some of the tank/stand/canopy/canopys.

120_2022.jpg

120_2019.jpg

120_2021.jpg

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Thanks for the photos Robert....I did not think I was "woodmaking" capable either but found a simple design on some web page and did it myself. Turned out great and was easy to do...It was also fun! :thumbup:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Snelly40 said:
thats really sweet, what is that?

Have no ideia...what's sweet ?

I did not think I was "woodmaking" capable either but found a simple design on some web page and did it myself

If I had the proper tools no doubt I would've tried myself instead of paying $900.00 for the stand/canopy.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Gina said:

From what I understand Barry had some of the infected Clams sent to a lab to find out the problem, which was a protozoan infection. FW dips is the only thing that has been effective but the PM will usually return so to date I'm not aware of any medication that can be used to eliminate the problem.

Thanks Snelly.

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
cheeks69 said:
If I had the proper tools no doubt I would've tried myself instead of paying $900.00 for the stand/canopy.

Good point Robert...My place was not the best to do such things but I made it work...Nicely made I might add...I could not make one that nice! :thumbup:

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thats a sweet setup Robert. I like how you attached the monti cap to the side ;) Sorry about the loss on the trigger, i never knew that and just read it. Your tank rocks dude!

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
tank is lookin sweet there robert..is that a newtank ur settin up or is that a before pic of your current tank? nice look corals.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx for the kind comments everyone:)

that a newtank ur settin up or is that a before pic of your current tank?

No the pics are of my current setup which is a little more than 2 years old, most of the LR and some of the corals are from a previous tank.

Here's some recent photos since I rescaped :doh:

150_5036.jpg

150_5072.jpg

150_5061.jpg

150_5039.jpg

150_5075.jpg

150_5083.jpg