My new Cube !!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Well my tank is almost finished. It's a Cube 30x30x24 it just needs the Pre/Filter and glue It In. The aquarium bottom will be drilled and the pre/filters will be plumbed Into aquarium on 1" bulk heads with concealed 1" to 3/4" return.

120_2040.jpg

Last edited:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Just bought the sump and it was a very difficult decision because I wanted to have a sump/refugium but because the stand is only 30" the sump has to be small so I decided to get the Oceanic sump 24x12x16. I still might add a baffle and make a small refugium but that's gonna depend on the size of the submersible pump.

120_2033.jpg

Last edited:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I'm debating on the pump right now between the Mag 18 and the OR 6500. I'm leaning towards the OR but it's huge. I heard the Mag pumps are loud , any truth to this ?

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Good observation but that's my daughters Very large doll ;)

Last edited:

addict

I have a Mag18 running return and it's quiet as well... the Sedra 5000 on my skimmer is louder than the Mag.

Looks awesome! :clink:
Cube tanks are da bomb! :D

addict

Oh... one question on the sump... does Oceanic require that you own one of their houses to warrant their sump that sits on the floor? :D

( Sorry... couldn't resist :cool: )

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Cheeks - I love it! Can't wait to see you stock it!! Oh, and are you sure that isn't your very large doll? ;) :D

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx everyone for the kind and funny comments. I'm waiting for the pics of the stand and canopy 30" long x 30" deep x 34" tall with a 12" canopy for the lighting.

AFA the stocking goes I'm thinking of a Purple Tang a dwarf Angel a True Percula and a few Gobies. All the LPS and a few softies I have currently and a couple of SPS frags.

I'm thinking one IceCap Horizontal 12K 250watt Pendant and I'm thinking of taking apart my 130w Coralife PC's and using them in conjunction with the MH pendant will see how that works :rolleyes:

Very nice. I've ran a Mag 24 and a 36 and both run pretty quiet. The 36 runs a bit louder but I'm hoping some new plumbing will help out with that.