My new Cube !!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
has it been a good specimine?

It continually nipped at my Clams and both perished although they had a Pinched Mantle the constant irritation from the nipping also led to their demise, he also nips at the Zoa's but no damage to them or any other coral. I had a bet with the owner of my LFS who said he wouldn't live more then 6 months he's never had one live longer then that most seem to waste away after a few months, I've had mine for about 8 months and so far he's done very well.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Well it's about time I update this thread :)

My SPS have been recovering well from light shock except for my Purple rim Cap and a couple of Acro frags that bleached and died. The color has returned on all the surviving corals except for the RBTA, it's still Pink. My Corraline algea has also come back with a vengeance so I need to get an Urchin or five :columbo:

My fish list has changed considerably. Right after me gloating about my Potter's Angel he got caught on my Seio 1100 and had his Caudil and Anal fin completely torn, he survived for a day :grr: That's the second fish I lost to the Seio don't know if I'm the only one with this problem. I also lost my Yellow Watchman after 3.5 years just started to breath very heavily for a couple of days and died, they were hearbreaking losses. I tried a couple of Dwarf Angels but they kept nipping at the Zoa's so I decided no more Angels. I also removed the Flame Hawk, Sunrise Dotty and the Solaris Wrasse because of aggression issues.

Here's my current fish list:

True Percula
Purple Tang
Red Margin Wrasse
Blue Throat Trigger
Copperband Butterfly
Pinkbar Goby

Although I had sworn that I would never add another Tang because of a Homicidal maniac Regal Tang I had before, I changed my mind because of some Macro algea that began to appear, I really needed a Herbivore.

I also re-arranged the rockwork a bit and moved all the softies and LPS towards the front of the tank away from the SPS so there's no chemical warfare issues and to give me some more room for the SPS which I will continue to add slowly.

The Tank has really begun to stabilize and parameters have been solid.
Here's some recent photos-

137_3795.jpg

137_3789.jpg
137_3763.jpg

Attachments

• 138_3801.JPG
    138_3801.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 145

mps9506

How are the fish getting caught in the Seio? They are getting sucked in through the fins around the sides?
Yikes!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
mps9506 said:
How are the fish getting caught in the Seio? They are getting sucked in through the fins around the sides?
Yikes!

Yes ! My other CBB liked to sleep by the Seio and one morning he was plastered around the intake or sides of the Seio and AFA the Potter's my wife pointed it out to me that he was on the substrate gasping and the damage to the fins was considerable that my only possible conclusion was the Seio.

mps9506

Maybe you could wrap some mesh around the sides of the seio. Other than that I can only recomend getting stronger swimming fish :)
I had a buddy build a box out of eggcrate around his closed loop intakes because fish, snails and crabs were getting stuck on the intake grate on the bulkhead. Maybe something like that would be possible.

Gina

RS STAFF
Excellent Idea Mike!
Sorry about the losses Robert.
I like how it looks with plenty of swimming room for the fish.
Our last tank was so full of rock there wasn't much room for swimming so, with our new one there will be.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx everyone :turntable

Well I have added a Carpet Anemone don't know which one yet so gunna have to do some research. It was very healthy and since Doni and Wit had one I became green with envy...lol

Since they're natural hosts for True Perculas I decided to get it but so far the Clown isn't interested he prefers the Frogspawn so will see.

Also since my Perc has been all alone for a while I decided to get a mate, hopefully. I was concerned because of possible aggression since there's a huge discrepancy in size which is a good thing but the little guy looked a bit fragile and was afraid he might not make it if she went ballistic, but to my surprise they got along very well right from the start no violence at all.

My corraline algea has really taken off and since it was getting real difficult to clean it without scatching the acrylic I decided to add a Black Longspine Urchin, hopefully he'll be up to the task.

138_3880.jpg

138_3895.jpg

138_3856.jpg

138_3884.jpg

138_3870.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx Craig :)

My current fish list is:

Blue Throat Trigger
Pink Margin Wrasse
Purple Tang
Copperband Butterfly
Pair of True Perculas

I have tried several Gobies since their one of my favorite fish but they have been either harassed to death or have jumped so Gobies are out of the question :rolleyes: