My Battle - Reef ;) Pics of course :wave:

Rooshi

Looks like I have ha a major change in my plans

my3uhypa.jpg

Yup upgrade :) 6x2x2

Rooshi

After gruelling 4 days and minimum sleep/pulled muscles and empty bank account (slightly upset wife)

It's done

y9u8ame7.jpg

hyry3era.jpg

9a4a9ade.jpg
my2e3uvy.jpg
bena9use.jpg
u6ygypyb.jpg

All comments welcomed

Rooshi

Here is a massive hermit I am trying to re home MONSTeR

ydagute5.jpg

It's in another tank I am in the process of breaking down or turning into a grow out tank as the last batch of baby clowns that I had I have managed to get 55 to survive :))

a6unyma3.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Any kind of special babies or just regulars? I want to try and raise some myself but i'm not sure if wifey will go for it.

Rooshi

The clowns are gold striped Maroons and it's time consuming but well worth it in the end ( I am only beginning have 65 in total ) feels like that many has taken years

Cleaner shrimp spawned last night so I am going to give the babies a go can't find much information what I have says it's next to impossible

Rooshi

So thought I'd add a few Pictures as things have started settling down also added a couple of new fish - flasher wrasse and a yellow candy hog fish
also t5 replaced with 6ft halides 3 x 250w
Hope you like
9ajypuny.jpg
ytysapar.jpg
azeqazeh.jpg
ju6ady7a.jpg

Rooshi

Update: I have had nitrate issues and this is due to trying to
Use the nitrate reactor the system came with

Have removed it added a brighter light on my chaeto and nitrates are lowering

Also added some Mexican snails to remove the growing algae which they are doing a great job

Will add some more pictures later

Rooshi

So what's new!? Well quite a bit quite a bit of nitrate is NeW 100ppm on salifert test kit!

So started to run h20 bio pearls in a bubble magnus reactor and that's been up and running for 8 days - so still waiting for it to kick in

Managed to over clean my Deltec skimmer which resulted in my playing and tweaking the skimmer settings- wont overly clean it next time that's for sure!

3 new peacock wrasses and 1 silver belly

u9y8ebe3.jpg

Also re added a 125w 6400k cfl to the sump area to help encourage chaeto growth currently on 24/7
ha7aryme.jpg

Now I just got to wait

All advice welcomed ;)

Rooshi

Have also been doing water changes however it's not really helped so makes me thing the no3 is a LOT higher

theplantman

BEAUTIFUL TANK, OUTSTANDING. I saw the note that you have your fuge light on 24/7 to encourage growth of the chaeto. All plants need a dark cycle for optimum growth and proper photosynthesis to occur. You should allow at least a 4 hour period of no light IMO. Others chime in.

yungreefer2410

BEAUTIFUL TANK, OUTSTANDING. I saw the note that you have your fuge light on 24/7 to encourage growth of the chaeto. All plants need a dark cycle for optimum growth and proper photosynthesis to occur. You should allow at least a 4 hour period of no light IMO. Others chime in.

+1

Rooshi

Noted and now running 18/6

Had some changes since last update to help combat nitrate issues

Will add pictures but here it is in writing:

Sand in main display reduced ABD larger grain added to reduce particles in water column ( for aesthetics

Rescaped the chunkier areas to allow/increase flow and also removed a heavily covered algae rock

Removed sand and live rock from sump

Added pearls D&D 5 weeks ago

All done over a slow period and been positive so far nitrates down Fromm 100 to 50

Pearl producers says 6 weeks so one more week to see if these pearls kick in

Bad news as well lost my flasher as I haven't had time to sort out a cove and her jumped

Also my chalk goby popped his clogs for a unknown reason so quite gutted

Hope everyone else had a super new year!!