My Battle - Reef ;) Pics of course :wave:

Rooshi

b0fa98c1-0c7f-c1eb.jpg
b0fa98c1-0c97-a33d.jpg
b0fa98c1-0cab-8ed7.jpg

Here are a few coral pics as everything has started to get back to normal

Rooshi

Update :

Morning all so a lot has changed my naso has been rehoused as I just can't validate or afford to but a 6ft tank that I want yet....and my purple has gone to a friend that works 7 days a week at a LFS he will treat her again for iCh and may keep her in the display tank

Since I had her in QT and she went bacteria to the MT she has been chasing and fighting with the copper band and honestly the purple doesnt eat my aiptasia so had to make the choice

Also naso was big and was starting to make a few corals close up with his size/movement not to mention his waste production so in another attempt to get my nitrites down to zero he went/ they went

Tank feels empty but everything everyone looks happier
b0fa959f-e92c-ec25.jpg

Rooshi

As the QT is not being used I have decided to use it cure some old live now dead rock - super expensive here so thought why waste

Been rinsed and scrubbed left in a bucket of salt water in a tub and rattled about to remove any other crap I may have missed and removed to QT

Will keep monitoring ammonia and doing water changes but not really quite sure what else ??

Pic of rock in QT

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335384714.817530.jpg

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Sorry you had to give them fish up but the tank does look great. Get yourself a Hippo tang, he will add comedy to your tank

Rooshi

So all with the intention on water purity I have added a ozone unit to the tank which has now been up and running for 72 hours and OH mY GOd is it clear!!
Picture is looking down from the top of through the water at the mushrooms
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336291987.858624.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336291799.563960.jpg

Also replaced my MH bulbs which has made a massive difference and added a
Mini max anemone and a porcelain crab that wouldn't let go of my net so he stayed in it all night

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336291917.653754.jpg

All comments welcomed

engineer goby

Added a FSB last night to aid with phos removal anyone use them?

Last July I had a terrible HA outbreak. Started running phosban and within a day you could see the HA retreating. Did a waterchange 3 days later and sucked up most of it. Within 2 week the battle was won and I never had a HA problem again. I love GFO and run it 24/7

Rooshi

Well phosphates staying down and no new algae growth......

In other stories I have purchased a pair of black clowns very young but very very much so in love LOL seriously I can't believe it

Hopefully these two will breed and I have started reading up on the topic

On there own in 130 litres and loving it
I find them together on the floor in the morning and today they were head to toe! Should I add a pot of some kind? What type plastic(how to weigh it down?) or a terracotta one?

Size?

sk8rdn

Rooshi said:
Can just make out two white stripes in the bottom right hand corner of the bottom picture

Nice pair! Congrats..

...."Fish" Happens!....