My 34 Gallon Seahorse and Macro Tank!

SeahorseBT

I just got these guys a few days ago and though they deserved a chronicle. I have another thread (http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/seahorses-pipefish/42791-my-newest-additions-seahorses.html) that has some details of their first few days. I have 2 girls 2 boys and 2 juvis who are too young to sex. The macro in there right now is red grape and I have a few more coming soon from Reefcleaners.com. Here are some pics:
Tanks009.jpg

The two Juvis:
Tanks004-1.jpg

Tanks007.jpg

Tanks006.jpg

Male 1
Tanks001-1.jpg

Loom closely, there are two seahorses in this pic
Tanks002-1.jpg

Tanks003-1.jpg

Tanks008.jpg

SeahorseBT

Thanks Jeremy and Brad. :) You will be happy with them Brad. I have noticed they are more active with lots of swimming room and plenty of hitches so keep that in mind as you set up your tank.

Jeremy0322

I wondered what that was in the first pics, interesting! Good photos, you are making me want a few more and more with every new shot..haha

SeahorseBT

Thanks Jeremy and Scott! They are so funny, the pumps go off and the turkey baster hits the water and they come swimming. The old owner had them trained pretty well.

SeahorseBT

I just got back from my vacation and olivert00 here on RS watched the tanks for me. She found eggs on the sand on Friday. She also saw them courting and so did I when I got home.Hopefully I will have some fry soon! I'll get some pics up later.

SeahorseBT

I got home today and found eggs on the sand! That means that both my females are fertile. I doubt that any made it in the male's pouch but there is a chance. I'll keep an eye on him. Pics will be up tonight.