My 34 Gallon Seahorse and Macro Tank!

SeahorseBT

The male was courting the female today. Doesn't he know he's pregnant? I hear some times they do that. I told him to wait another ten days,and then he can have some more eggs.

SeahorseBT

Day 6:
Tanks480.jpg
Tanks482.jpg

SeahorseBT

I actually took off one frag today. When I see areas to frag the rock I am going to. I want to make sure the macro is attached to the rock well and then I will start shipping them out.

SeahorseBT

The macro frag is doing well. Do any of you guys have any ideas on how to ship it? I don't want to waste a styro on just one algae. Do they make mini styros?

The male is getting ready to pop. I think he is going to have some stretch marks from this one. He is due this weekend. Pics are not the best but you get the idea:
Tanks490.jpg

Tanks491.jpg

Tanks492.jpg

SeahorseBT

Papa seahorse is going into his maternity tank tonight. 2 weeks will be tomorrow. I have the fry tank ready. The suspense is killing me! I hope they will be born Sunday because it is my little sisters birthday. That would be cool. We will see...

johnmaloney

Love the thread! I recently gave my 8'' erectus away to a breeder. :( She will be happier there but I raised her from 4'' and I worry. (on grass shrimp from the IRL if you are interested - their natural food when they get larger - if any seahorse keepers are in FL and interested I can teach you how to catch shrimp if you are so inclined - guy said it is a rarity that they were that bg, but all my horses get that size. Maybe it is the food?). Seahorses have a level of intelligence that makes you feel for them more than most fish I think. Glad to see such a great environment for them. Nice tank.

SeahorseBT

Thanks for stopping by John! Wow 8" is a big one. They are very smart. They are very observant and know when it is feeding time.

I just looked in the maternity tank and saw 4 BABIES! The rest can't be far behind....

SeahorseBT

Thanks Barb! It is really awesome when you know your fish are happy enough to have babies. Let's hope that I can raise them!