My 3 month old Red Sea Max 130D

Terry...congrats on your spawning clowns. Back in the 1970's I received a lot of advice from Waterlife Research's founder Graham Cox about breeding Perculas. I used his revolutionary new Ultramarine sea salt to successfully get my clowns to spawn.....and that was in the days when we all used undergravel filters! I shared the same experience as you and lost all my fry......mostly due to the parents eating them. This time I'm constructing a stand alone nursery tank so will try to raise them myself with rotties and other zooplankton. The difficult bit will be trying to keep the nursery tank bacteria free.
:fishy:

Hi James :wave: Yes I have just a single Aquaray reef blue mounted in the lift up lid of my RSM130D. I did the same mod that Silver Surfer did (you can find his thread here on the RSM owners Club which has photos of how to do the mod), basically it simply involves removing the inner plastic skin of the lid. I had thought about moving a second reef white aquaray but my zoas would probably suffer from bleaching if I increased the light level. I attribute the vivid colours in my tank to not just the Aquaray and the RSM stock lighting but also the tank gets around 2-3 hours of natural sunlight each day. On cloudy days there is a marked decline on the colouration of my zoas.
Here's a pic of my Mandarin hunting for pods along the front of the tank with the sunlight shining through from the left.
mandy-zoas.jpg

Tufftey

Wow. I can't believe this tank is only 3 months old, it looks great. I'm putting zoas on my shopping list

:eek: This is a pic I took in a hurry a few minutes ago.....hence the out of focus shot. I'm already late for work so won't be able to take another shot until this evening when the spawn will no doubt all have gone. My Chromis spawns regularly within minutes of the main tank lights starting to fade in the evening, she always lays her eggs on the left side of my RSM skimmer weir. Usually by morning they are all gone but this morning she's valiantly guarding her spawn and chasing off any other fish that get too close....fingers crossed till this evening.
chromis-spawning1.jpg

Thanks for the comps guys......I couldn't resist a mushroom rock I saw in my LFS yesterday, the purple and pink algaes are very eyecatching, here's a photo I just took showing the rock viewed through the right hand side of my tank....
r-h-side-rsm130d.jpg

and here's one of my cleaner shrimp checking out the new hood...
shrimp-algae.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice addition. Is that purple definitely an algae or could it be a colony of small polyps of some type? Very pretty.

Good point about the purple 'algae' Terry, I've never seen algae that colour before and was just told by my LFS that it was 'some kind of algae'...I've been googling images for the past hour but can't get a definite ID, you could be right and it may well be small polyps of coral, I'll go take a close up in a few mins and post it here. In the meantime, here's another shot of one of my peppermints checking out the new pink algae....
peppermint-shrimp1.jpg