My 3 month old Red Sea Max 130D

JimmyJ

Beautiful tank!! I love the colors in there. I just shared your thread with a friend who thought you couldn't have that many corals in the 130, boy does he have some learning to do. :D

Setragni

Amazing Tank and pics, you have a lot of zoanthids there.
I heard from my LFS that some of the common Zoas carry poison, and one of their costumer had a Severe allergic reaction after handling one of his zoas colonies, the man is also allergic to Bee sting. WEIRD RIGHT? =O

I'd like to thank everybody for their nice comments.....this really is one of the better forums in terms of friendliness and a great knowledge resource. I apologise if I've been late in responding to some of the PM's, current work commitments are keeping me away from my hobby more than I'd like at the moment.
I've been very lucky with my Red Sea Max, I bought it in February and decided to take advantage 4 weeks later of a tank my friend was breaking down due to moving house. He had a reef only tank with large colonies of zoa's, I acquired 4 or 5 colonies and placed them strategically over the outside of the recently cycled living rock in my RSM. I was astounded at the speed in which the zoa's started to spread and blend together....it wasn't long before the gaps between the different colonies had blended together.
I'm hoping to write a more detailed account of my previous fish experiences and a log of how I set up the Max but at the moment its very much work in progress.
In the meantime here's a couple of pics taken recently of my favourite fish in my tank....the Anthias pic is for Terry.
percs1.jpg

anthias1.jpg

A very good point about the hammer stinging the zoas Terry as this is something I was always aware could be a potential problem. If you look closely at the attached photo you can see that I've positioned the hammer at an angle away from the zoas on the right....to give it more growing space. Initially the hammer was about half its current size but as its grown its edging ever closer to the zoa colony. My past experience with hammers has shown that in a small tank they rarely grow much larger than this but if the nearby zoas start whitening then I'll break off part of the colony thats nearest to the hammer. I'll be reluctant to move the hammer because the Percs have just started their first courtship rituals and I'm expecting a first spawing in the next couple of months.
hammer-zoas-gap.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Scorpio - Good luck with the clowns spawning. My pair raise a batch of eggs about every 10 days, but the fry just end up as coral and fish food.

This is a fantastic looking tank, can I just confirm where you have mounted the aquaray, and do you only have one? I am just looking at getting one. Love the look of yours, the blue really shows the zoas:drooool: