My 130D

marine281

Yep, the RSM will become a seahorse & mandarin tank. The fuge is loaded with enough critters now to both seed the new tank & feed whatever I put in the RSM.

There are some really nice tropical horses over here at the minute, so i'm looking forward to that almost as much as starting the new tank..

marine281

Hi all, well we're all moved in to the new house. The 130 is fish less (they are in another temporary tank), and i'm thinking it would be cool to leave it that way!

There are little critters everywhere, bristle worms, amphipods, copopods, mysid shrimp swimming around everywhere, and a host of things that I've never even seen before wandering happily in the open. Seems a shame to drop something in that will either munch on or scare all that away..

The corals are really appreciating them lower nutrients & distrurbences too. Its all looking very healthy!

But unfortunately, all the peace will soon be disturbed by rampaging seahorses!

I'm busy working on the big tank at the minute, but thats only a few weeks away from water now, so once its cycling, I will be able to focus back on the red sea- in between house renovations of course :)

Will post pics as things change.

Andrew

marine281

Let there be ponies!

The new tank has taken up a lot of my time lately (its finally wet- check out the thread below), but in the little spare time we've had, we got a couple of seahorses & a mandarin for the RSM. The have settled in nicely & are eating very well. The tank is back to standard except for the chiller, the MP40 is still attached, but its just a hitching post for the new inhabitants, and won't be used.

The corals in the tank are all very happy about the lack of fish bumping into them at high speed, so it seems to have been a success all round!

We intend to get a few more horses down the track, but will be concentrating on the big tank for a while now.

Andrew

marine281

Oh yeah, pictures...

small_P5131542.jpg

small_P5131535.jpg

small_P5131537.jpg

small_P5131532.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The tank & horses look great! Looks like a nice size bristleworm upper left of picture 2. Nice job on both tanks. :)

marine281

Thanks, i'll try to get some better pics, still haven't got this photo thing worked out for aquariums! my u/w camera has a flat battery, and the charger is still packed somewhere, so i'll have to dig that out..

Terry, thats a baby, i've got some much bigger ones in there! They don't cause any trouble, and are great at cleaning up anything the horses miss.

marine281

Got a new macroalgae rock on the weekend, the horses love it, I'm thinking about going back and getting a few more, & moving the rest of the corals on the sandbed into the 120 gal.

Pics :)

small_P6160052.jpg

small_P6160048.jpg

small_P6160046.jpg

small_P6160043.jpg

small_P6160033.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Very nice pictures Andrew. It looks like the horses will enjoy those pretty macros - nice places to get a grip!

marine281

Yeah, they love hanging off them, I may finally be able to take the MP40 out of there, they haven't gone near it since the macro algae went in!

Just gotta keep it from going sexual now (its grape caulerpa), i'm sure the horses will be happy about the extra food!