Mitch's RSM250 - Started 02/03/2010

mitcheva

yeh it's a peppermint shrimp - they didn't call it that at my LFS, but it looks identical to one

what sort of food are you using?

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm feeding flakes, cyclopeeze, frozen mysis, marine cuisine and frozen prawn all on alternate days. The peps will eat anything.

Poriferan

want pics anyone? :)

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

:D

mitcheva

WELL!! It's been a while...had a few issues, particularly with algae wow... just getting it under control now. Probably a good reason why I haven't put in much coral etc yet. Have a look at these pics. There's a lot of stuff in here I haven't taken a pic of but I will try to in the next few days. Please comment and identify things etc and suggestions are always welcome!

2x clowns
1x yellow tang
1x spotted blenny
1x gold headed goby
1x blue star
2x shrimp (two types can't remember)
1x bubble tip anemone
1x struggling/sick anemone
1x leather coral
2x other corals (not 100% sure)
1x struggling coral...

the anemone and coral that are struggling are ones im trying to save from another tank which was poorly done. Hopefully I can do something with them.

sorry of image quality - only had an iphone on hand!!

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Mitch - good to see you again. Good to hear you're winning the battle with algae. If you're looking for IDs on the corals:

Picture 1 - a Duncan (Whisker) coral (possibly a few dead heads)
Pucture 2 - a Euphyllia - probably a torch coral
Picture 3 - Xenia

With the algae receeding now you can hopefully get things going again! The anemone looks a bit bleached but will hopefully do better in the 250. That blue Linkia looks fat & healthy!

mitcheva

Thanks for your comments. Yeah I was going for a more natural (as possible) rock look.

More coral coming this week so more pics on their way (and I'll use a proper camera!) and also try get a few of my shrimps

oh and with the dead heads on the coral, what would you suggest I do? I've been told I can cut them off...??

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Yep - you can cut off the dead heads. A coral clippers is good for that. Sometimes these things can surprise you and reappear, so I wouldn't rush to do it.

kenbut

Yep - you can cut off the dead heads. A coral clippers is good for that. Sometimes these things can surprise you and reappear, so I wouldn't rush to do it.

+1 to waiting.

Welcome by the way and good to see another aussie.
take your time and have fun...