Mitchell's Mantis Tank

Mitchell

So whats the deal???? Is my Monte a picky eater?? I gave him a shrimp yesterday at 5pm and at 9pm he comes strutting out of his house with a half eaten shrimp, drops it on the sandbed and goes back into his house... Picky picky? or just full and doesn't want a dirty home?

Mitchell

He is slowly coming out more and more but he is busy most of the time smashing up the Pukani rock and building tunnels and a home. here he is from his usual look out.

Not the very best vantage point for pictures but I guess he hasn't realized he's a star yet!!

Untitled-1 by in his image, on Flickr

Mitchell

thanks..Im trying to get more of him but the little bugger just comes out a little. When I do see him out and grab the camera he scoots back into his cave. In time I guess

Tokalosh

Dude I want one, just wish I had the space for more tanks.

I'm well jealous of your Monty tank and he looks like he has some real character.

Tok

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Dude I want one, just wish I had the space for more tanks.

I'm well jealous of your Monty tank and he looks like he has some real character.

Tok

They are indescribably neat animals.. Jason said it was cool but I didn't fully understand that until I got one.. mine displays emotion almost on the same level as a dog.. its hard to explain but mine obviously appreciates it when I move a rock to her liking or add a big snail.. she stairs at me as to say thankyou... on the otherhand if you do something that is not to her liking she has no problem showing it either... chasing my hand,, snapping the net.. quickly pushing the rock I just placed back out of the way.. giving me the cold shoulder...lol... there is more intelligence there than anybody will ever understand.. so much so that it really pushes you to pay attention to him/her and assess whether you have given him/her the best possible environtment for fear that he/she will hate you forever.... haha.

The moral of the story is that a mantis will make you a better person... :D

Mitchell

Well here is the last post to this thread.............Monte is now at the LFS the tank is sold and the only thing I have left to sell is the skimmer and canister filter. As cool as he was ( when he came out....which was VERY rare) I just couldn't justify the cost of running a second tank. The build was fun I'll admit that but having a dedicated mantis tank is just not my thing.

See ya Monte!!