Mitchell's Mantis Tank

Mitchell

well hopefully the acrylic guy does more gluing than drinking at the meeting tonight :clink: Tank will hopefully be done this weekend

Uslanja

Hi Mitch! Looking good and the Monte Mantis pic is fantastic! We need to meet for coffee one of these days so I can learn some more about your reef and photo skills!! Looking forward to pics of the new tank assembly!! We are assuming Tony does acrylic work professionally and he's local?

Mitchell

Hey there. Well it's late. My wife snapped a couple pictures of the build . I'll post them during my morning coffee. The tank still needs its bracing and refugium. Luigi also replaced a couple of my white LEDs to blue ones. I think I might do another 2.

Mitchell

Hey Dave and Tracy

Why didn't you come out tonight? Yes tony is local. Smithville

He does acrylic work on the side it's not his full time thing.

Coffee? Anytime!!

Mitchell

Tony applying some glue while I supervise...lol ( I'm in the bald guy in the polo shirt )

IHI_5210 by in his image, on Flickr

Nice clean edge

IHI_5211 by in his image, on Flickr

The tank. It looks really small in this pic but its not. With the rock that I currently have in the original tank there will be loads of open space for rubble and corals. The contraption on the left is the fuge that will be added to the side somehow.

IHI_5212 by in his image, on Flickr

Swapping out a couple of the White LEDs for Blue LEDs.

IHI_5206 by in his image, on Flickr

I might go up and get a couple more pictures today.

PIMPALA

Nice!!

Tip: On the exposed edges of acrylic, if you take a propane or butane torch, and lightly run it over the edges, it will make them look shiny like glass again, instead of the rough look from the cuts.

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nice!!

Tip: On the exposed edges of acrylic, if you take a propane or butane torch, and lightly run it over the edges, it will make them look shiny like glass again, instead of the rough look from the cuts.
+1

Uslanja

Hey Mitch! Looking real good!! I was originally scheduled to work last night (which got changed last minute) so couldn't make it, but we had heard about the meeting from "Rodger" at Big Als in Stoney Creek a couple of weeks back. We'll try to make the next one; it would be nice to get to meet some local reefers!

(PM sent)

Mitchell

ah you folks are going to kill me..............instead of working on Monte's home I used my day off to go out and do some photography.....:scram:

It was all at fish stores and reefers homes but I didn't get a chance to do any work on the tank. I will I will...
I'm off all weekend and that's my goal.