Mike's Solana that was and "Shall" be again

theplantman

Ok, so prior to starting the new build thread, i thought i would post some pics of the old setup prior to the relocation from ATL to the DC area. I hope these links work, i am more used to drag and drop than dealing with URL addresses. If they do and you want more, the rest are in an album in my profile.

I hope you enjoy!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
as soon as a pic is uploaded... you can right click on the pic, copy the url & post it in this syntax & it will show up

when you are new to the forum... your 1st pic, goes to "mod approval" as soon as a mod approves, then all future pics will show up right away... we do this to protect RS

hope this helps

theplantman

Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to it. Have the bug again pretty bad. Setting this one up at my girlfriends house then starting a build on a 100 or 120 at mine.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wow! You have a "knack" for this so glad you have the bug again!

Your tank looks stunning. :)

theplantman

LOL, this little nano was easy, 250watt mh with 14k phoenix bulb and a actinic blue t5 to supplement color, Remora C HOB protein skimmer and 5 gallon water change per week with daily "manual" ATO:ponder2: (about 16oz of RODI water) plus ran a phosban reactor and used H2Ocean salt. No Sump, no dosing, no controllers, chillers, etc. The new bigger tank is going to be more technical and we will see if its easier. This is what I'm thinking about. If anyone has any feedback on the below equipment or other ideas in the same range, it would be appreciated.

Tank - 30x30x25 100gl starfire glass 3 sides with eurobracing - or a 4x2x2 120gl same glass
refugium - eshopps r-200 or r-300
Skimmer - Aqua C EV180 or Tunze 9410 (leaning tunze)
lighting - maxspect mazzuri p LED fixtures (2 or 3 modules)
Flow - 2 Tunze nanostream 6055 plus multi-controller
Calcium Reactor - Korallin 1502
Controller - either going reefkeeper elite or a controller for the calc reactor by itself since lights and tunze pumps have their own controllers
ATO - tunze osmolator (up in the air about ATO, don't know if the failure risk is worth the time savings)
Stand - Building myself to house the equipment and allow for ventillation over the fuge

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Beautiful tank. I was kinda' expecting some macroalgae in the display from theplantman :goofy:

theplantman

Thanks John, no the plantman is because I have been in the landscape construction industry for 25 years. When I build the new system i will make sure that stuff goes in the refugium though.

theplantman

Thank you, i appreciate it. Good luck today in the storm. By the way, how do you like your trigger systems sump. I was looking at those for the new build.