Mikes Red Sea Max 130

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
+1 on the congratulations! Everything is looking like it made the move in top shape. I think you were wise going with the new substrate - that dirty old stuff surely would have caused a cycle, or worse, if it got stirred up in the move. Be sure to check ammonia and nitrite for a while.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Just checked the "old look" and I like the new even better - lots of nice room in front for the corals that need "floor space".

Msigler

Glenn- thanks. I try to do the turkey baster on the rocks when I do my water changes.

Terry- thanks. I like the new look alot. More floor space and swimming room. I removed all of those button palys and I noticed they were growing on a couple clumps of Xenia so I removed it too. My next coral is gonna be a monti cap. Hopefully a super bright color. I want a shelf type look.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
My Monti Cap has grown too much and shaded too much of my tank. If you put one in think about the placement, and when it starts getting too big, trim the edges before they get too thick. It'll regrow. The edges are easy to break off - kinda like breaking a cracker. And you might be able too sell/trade the pieces. :)

clka

A belated Welcome! Congrats on a successful move and I also prefer your new look to the old :)

Cheryl

Dweezil

Nice job on the move...That's a nightmare of mine to have to think about moving my tank. Happy to see you were so successful. :)

Msigler

Nope. Everything looks good. My calcium dropped a bit and I lost a small colony of zoas somewhere in the tank though.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good news! If the zoas show up you can dry off the bottom of the colony with paper towel and use Super Glue Gel to reattach to the rock in the tank or to a piece off rubble you can attach later.

Msigler

Just placed an order with spikes corals. Never ordered from there before hope to be satisfied. Ordered 5 sps frags. Can't wait.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice selection Mike. Let us know how everything arrives. I hadn't heard of Spike's before.

Msigler

Received my order from Spikes Corals yesterday. I am extremely pleased with my order. The frags arrived very nicely packed and in great shape. He threw in a beautiful frag of green acro and even sent a baggy containing a tube of super glue gel with gloves. Very pleased I am.

Msigler

b44e329c.jpg

8871a8e4.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
That was a nice pack, and freebie, and the first time I've heard of a coral supplier including gloves and super glue!

Msigler

I will be purchasing from there again. I called him after I acclimated the frags to say thanks and he is a real friendly guy. He grows what he sells.