Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Big Ray

Has been struck by the ban stick
Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin

You want more bacteria. That's what feeds corals. That's why people buy and dose bio-this and bio-that.

hah you do not know what you are saying Santa :)

just give it up already ... LOL

if you really think ppl dose bacteria as coral food, then you should REALLY start reading on probiotic systems.

how many times do you go through this exact same thing and get putten back in place ?

PS. wanna post the pic of the dead SPS again to show this works ?
hahah

but good job on tricking so many new commers into crashing their tanks :)
and let me guess, you dont worry about Oxygen depletion with all the organics entering the water rigth ? LOL

redneckgearhead

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin

hah you do not know what you are saying Santa :)

just give it up already ... LOL

if you really think ppl dose bacteria as coral food, then you should REALLY start reading on probiotic systems.

how many times do you go through this exact same thing and get putten back in place ?

PS. wanna post the pic of the dead SPS again to show this works ?
hahah

but good job on tricking so many new commers into crashing their tanks :)
and let me guess, you dont worry about Oxygen depletion with all the organics entering the water rigth ? LOL

How again does this cause your tank to crash? And Ive been fighting algea in my tank for about 3-4 monthes so is this algea in my dt gonna cause my tank to crash? Wouldnt that be the same thing?

italipinos8

I decided to go with a biocube 29 gallon... should i try to make a sump for this or can i make an algae scrubber in the chambers behind the tank???

Thanks for any help, Ben

niqiri

How do I decide when my screen is full? Is it when I can no longer see the grid markings on the screen? Or just when all of the screen has color on it?

redneckgearhead

How do I decide when my screen is full? Is it when I can no longer see the grid markings on the screen? Or just when all of the screen has color on it?

I wouldnt worry about it getting full. clean it weekly no matter what.

SantaMonica

PREMIUM

Also it seems my flow might be too fast and not giving the algae any air contact

Can't be too fast. Air contact is not needed and not wanted. The only limitation to fast flow is how rough your screen is; needs to be able to hold on to the algae.

with a 400 gph pump running on the turf

What matters is how many gph per inch of width.

The lights contain 2 25 watt flourescent bulbs. (maybe I need stronger lights)

What matters is how many watts based on how much you feed, and how big the screen is:

Each cube of frozen food you feed per day needs 12 square inches of screen, with a light on both sides totaling 12 watts. Thus a nano that is fed one cube a day would need a screen 3 X 4 inches with a 6 watt bulb on each side. A larger tank that is fed 10 cubes a day would need a screen 10 X 12 inches with 60 watts of light on each side. If you feed flake, feeder fish, or anything else, you will need to blend it up super thick, strain out the excess water, pour it into a cube, and see how many cubes it is.

I have some brown turf algae growing. It looks light fibrous turf stuff.

You do not want turf. It blocks too much light, and it grows too slow. Use a hack saw blade and scrape it all off. You want only light green hairs.

Was thinking using a wavemaker device to turn off and then on the pump.

No, this only cuts results in half. And makes noise.

Also recently (can't figure out why) my phosphates are at 0.25 ppm with the Salifert test kit

Because you are not running the scrubber right. Did you change the bulbs in the last 3 months?

Even though I am doing weekly 30% water changes, they are still staying the same

WC's do not help.

How again does this cause your tank to crash? And Ive been fighting algea in my tank for about 3-4 monthes so is this algea in my dt gonna cause my tank to crash? Wouldnt that be the same thing?

Nothing is going to crash; he's being an idiot. If you are running a scrubber, then post pics of your screen before and after cleaning, along with other details, and we'll figure out what you are doing wrong.

I decided to go with a biocube 29 gallon... should i try to make a sump for this or can i make an algae scrubber in the chambers behind the tank

Nano's are the hardest to make scrubbers for. The best would be one above the tank, that drains down into the tank. See here for more ideas:

Algae Scrubbers • View topic - Misc Scrubber Designs (newest designs are at the end)

You go by number of days: 7

redneckgearhead

Nothing is going to crash; he's being an idiot. If you are running a scrubber, then post pics of your screen before and after cleaning, along with other details, and we'll figure out what you are doing wrong.

I would love for him to give me a "reason" for him stating that ATS will cause a tank to crash. Thats why I asked. I dont believe a scrubber could cause a tank to crash if taken care of properly, just like if you neglect your PS it could cause a "crash". I think the idea is sound and so Im using it. And I tried to make a point about the algea on the screen being the same algea in my tank so whats the differance between it being in my tank looking ugly or being on the screen out of site and eating all the "bad stuff" there. If the nay sayers are correct wouldnt the algea in the tank cause a "crash"? See my point? I love the idea of the ATS and can see logic behind it, but Ive always been confused by the people that seem (its hard to pick up a tone in text) to get upset when this idea is mentioned. They cant all work for PS companies.

SantaMonica

PREMIUM

Yes they can. Or distributers, or retailers. There are 3000 stores just in the U.S. that sell skimmers. Add to this the other products... salt, filters, etc, and add to this the friends, relatives and spouses of these people. And that's just assuming one person at each store. Remember, algae has no marketing budget, so you won't be hearing from algae.

Anyways, if anything, algae prevents tanks from crashing, by absorbing ammonia/ammonium, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, CO2, and especially.... metals. If a fish dies overnight, the algae absorb more (even in the dark). A skimmer does not absorb anything at all that would cause a crash, thus providing no help at all.

rufus2008

Is there any way of dressing the bucket up? I'd love to try one but not too thrilled about hanging a bucket over my display tank(I have no sump)

Big Ray

I would love for him to give me a "reason" for him stating that ATS will cause a tank to crash. Thats why I asked. I dont believe a scrubber could cause a tank to crash if taken care of properly, just like if you neglect your PS it could cause a "crash". I think the idea is sound and so Im using it. And I tried to make a point about the algea on the screen being the same algea in my tank so whats the differance between it being in my tank looking ugly or being on the screen out of site and eating all the "bad stuff" there. If the nay sayers are correct wouldnt the algea in the tank cause a "crash"? See my point? I love the idea of the ATS and can see logic behind it, but Ive always been confused by the people that seem (its hard to pick up a tone in text) to get upset when this idea is mentioned. They cant all work for PS companies.

1. name calling ? LOL bunch of kids !!! watch ure mouths !!!

2. read this if u want :http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/marine-algae-plants/64274-culturing-algae-reduce-excess-n-p.html

3. go search santa monica on RC, Zeovit and all other forums to see what Im talking about :)

4. if you dont get how algae growth can cause tank crash, do you really think you should be talking ???

5. ATS works, but not as described here.

Big Ray

Yes they can. Or distributers, or retailers. There are 3000 stores just in the U.S. that sell skimmers. Add to this the other products... salt, filters, etc, and add to this the friends, relatives and spouses of these people. And that's just assuming one person at each store. Remember, algae has no marketing budget, so you won't be hearing from algae.

Anyways, if anything, algae prevents tanks from crashing, by absorbing ammonia/ammonium, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, CO2, and especially.... metals. If a fish dies overnight, the algae absorb more (even in the dark). A skimmer does not absorb anything at all that would cause a crash, thus providing no help at all.

1. the Idiot is you or your mother for not raising u better ! there is no point of calling someone an Idiot just cause they are smarter than u !

2. I am by no means connected to anyone.

3. I agre RC (reef central kicked u out for no reason) those kids were being stupid

4. you are just too dumb to be understanding the science behind this !!! you just posted up there that ppl dose BACTERIA AS CORAL FOOD !!!!! how dumb are you ? and how stupid are you not to research ? go read about probiotic systems, then come back here !!!

5. do oceans use a skimmer ?

6. how many times do I need to put you down in your place and prove u have no Idea whats comin out of ure mouth before u decide to shut it ?

Once again, ATS works in lowering N and P, but a skimmer is needed and in fact, it will INCREAE the amount of SKIMMATE

PSS> lets see your dead ACRO PIECES ;) u know, theones that cant decide what color to turn to ?

HAHAAH

Dumb ******s

I aint gonna argue about this, cause I really dont care ! and most of you who follow blindly are too **** to look pased it and look at the science, so please, do not quote me. Im not in you ppls level.

Big Ray

Santa ... time to pack it up and go home ....

talking out of ure Arse will work with a group of newbs, but not with biologists

Zeo compatibility with Algae Scrubbers - Page 7 - zeovit.com

what is REALLY funny in this thread is that SANTA MONICA is arguing with the biologist who wrote the paper, abotu what it meant LOL HAHAHA

hahahah lol anyways, Im glad u found a place where ppl just dont look past ure BS lies...

sikpupy

Is there any way of dressing the bucket up? I'd love to try one but not too thrilled about hanging a bucket over my display tank(I have no sump)

Just hang some garland and a x-mas stocking on it, its about that time of year.

sikpupy

Santa ... time to pack it up and go home ....

talking out of ure Arse will work with a group of newbs, but not with biologists

Zeo compatibility with Algae Scrubbers - Page 7 - zeovit.com

what is REALLY funny in this thread is that SANTA MONICA is arguing with the biologist who wrote the paper, abotu what it meant LOL HAHAHA

hahahah lol anyways, Im glad u found a place where ppl just dont look past ure BS lies...

Care to share "why" it will casue a tank crash instead of posting a bunch of links? Just saying it will not is not a good argument (this is really about a debate, but). How about some science, not mumbo jumbo like "oh, crap builds up and polutes", need a little more bases.

I will state for the record that I have a ton of fish in my tank and there is no algea in it and my blennys have sunken stomachs from no algea. Now, those that know blennys know they like the squishy film algea on the glass. There is NO algea on the glass for them to eat, scrub off and or growing. There is some hair algea in the overflow I took out, but, thats just another algea scrubber working. Its not the iky algea either, its the nice hair algea. other than that and cleaning my screen, I do not use my skimmer at all. When I do, it takes a day to get a teaspoon if that then stops producing. Now, whatever the deal, something is working to keep the algea at bay. If there were other nasties, I would think the skimmer would pull the rest.

Big Ray

Care to share "why" it will casue a tank crash instead of posting a bunch of links? Just saying it will not is not a good argument (this is really about a debate, but). How about some science, not mumbo jumbo like "oh, crap builds up and polutes", need a little more bases.

instead of me posting another 7 pages of links and science, you can simply look at them all on those links.

basic reason why ? algae, specially type growing on the scrubber release alot of organic carbon which needs to be skimmed out.

GrendelPrime

its ok to not agree with people but this is getting way out of hand, Big Ray i respect the knowledge u have and share but i think u made ur point and let people decide on there own with the links u posted.This is going further then it should so lets just relax

redneckgearhead

1. name calling ? LOL bunch of kids !!! watch ure mouths !!!

2. read this if u want :http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/marine-algae-plants/64274-culturing-algae-reduce-excess-n-p.html

3. go search santa monica on RC, Zeovit and all other forums to see what Im talking about :)

4. if you dont get how algae growth can cause tank crash, do you really think you should be talking ???

5. ATS works, but not as described here.
What name did i call you? And then call names yourself. lol wow all this over an opinion.

Big Ray

its ok to not agree with people but this is getting way out of hand, Big Ray i respect the knowledge u have and share but i think u made ur point and let people decide on there own with the links u posted.This is going further then it should so lets just relax

Im not sure what I disagreed to lol Im opening eyes of the ppl who santa has shut :p lol

and most who do use ATS will not understand the links provided.

I agree that my comment towards santa was not right, but again, look at his posts ! he calls ppl who have a point idiots !(so neebs wont bothering reading the info) so I think its time to post who is the real Idiot :)

anyways, as I have posted all the time, the ATS works, it works like a FUGE , but does NOT replace skimmer, and his comments on skimmers not needed is just .... LOL and he goes on about saying I work for skimmer companies ?! LOL haha just take a look at best ATS tank and SPS in it :)

redneckgearhead, apologies, I read over and it was Santa monica, so my bad.

anyways, I wont comment here again, as I really dont care :)

Big Ray

I will state for the record that I have a ton of fish in my tank and there is no algea in it and my blennys have sunken stomachs from no algea. Now, those that know blennys know they like the squishy film algea on the glass. There is NO algea on the glass for them to eat, scrub off and or growing. There is some hair algea in the overflow I took out, but, thats just another algea scrubber working. Its not the iky algea either, its the nice hair algea. other than that and cleaning my screen, I do not use my skimmer at all. When I do, it takes a day to get a teaspoon if that then stops producing. Now, whatever the deal, something is working to keep the algea at bay. If there were other nasties, I would think the skimmer would pull the rest.

you are welcome to go by "what you think" and call it science :)

redneckgearhead

Im not sure what I disagreed to lol Im opening eyes of the ppl who santa has shut :p lol

and most who do use ATS will not understand the links provided.

I agree that my comment towards santa was not right, but again, look at his posts ! he calls ppl who have a point idiots !(so neebs wont bothering reading the info) so I think its time to post who is the real Idiot :)

anyways, as I have posted all the time, the ATS works, it works like a FUGE , but does NOT replace skimmer, and his comments on skimmers not needed is just .... LOL and he goes on about saying I work for skimmer companies ?! LOL haha just take a look at best ATS tank and SPS in it :)

redneckgearhead, apologies, I read over and it was Santa monica, so my bad.

anyways, I wont comment here again, as I really dont care :)

Thanks for the apology. I agree I will not be posting on this thread again it is way outa hand.